Sunday, August 2, 2020

Oh Scrap! : Rail Fence Blocks

We all knew purple was going to be the Rainbow Scrap Challenge color for August - simply because I made purple blocks last month!  Ha!!




But that is okay with me - when I had my browns out for my recent brown scrap quilt, I went ahead and cut the strips for a couple rail fence blocks.




Then I went ahead and made some yellow blocks.




A quick count of my blocks revealed I needed just two more blocks for my quilt so I snuck in a few black scraps.

One thing I have learned from the RSC is that these rainbow quilts are a great way to sneak in some of those scraps like black, brown or multi-color scraps that never get used much in my sewing room.  These colors tend to get lost among all the brighter colors.

Now I can work on getting this top put together.  It shouldn't take me long at all to have a finish.  

Maybe by next Friday :)

Hope you all have a great week!



*********************************************

It is now your turn to share what you are making with scraps.  Here are the details for linking up: 

  • This linky party is for any scrappy project - It can be in-process or a finished piece.
  • You can link up your blog post (not your homepage please) or Instagram photo from the past week that features your use of scraps.
  • If you are linking to a blog post, I ask that you link back to my blog somewhere in your post. So if you are writing about scraps, just get into the habit of including a link as there will be a linky party available every week!
  • If you are using Instagram, please use the hashtag #ohscrap.
  • This is a party so remember to socialize and comment on the posts of others.
  • Following my blog is not necessary but it sure would be great if you do! 
Quilting is more fun than Housework





You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter






Linking Up:

Love Laugh Quilt (Monday Making)




10 comments:

The Joyful Quilter said...

Your blocks are SEW lovely, Cynthia! Looking forward to seeing them assembled into a quilt.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I haven't made a railfence in ages that would be a good use for some of my scraps

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Looks like you're getting close to making a layout decision with those blocks! Looking forward to seeing what you do!

Jayne said...

Sneak away! I don't think I could follow the monthly color protocol, which is why I've never tried! But it is a good way to go about using scraps and colors!

Sherrie said...

Your blocks are lovely...can't wait to see the
finished quilt...have a great day!

Shirley said...

It has been eons since I made a rail fence....good mediation project. I thought we had Purple in RSC, perhaps Jan?

Rebecca Grace said...

Your fence rail blocks are so pretty, with the prints arranged from light to dark like that. Out of curiosity, do you know what the difference is between the Roman Square block and the Fence Rail block? Is it just a matter of whether there are three strips in each block or four, or are the names interchangeable?

Susan said...

You're very sneaky! Can't wait to see the entire quilt.

Susie H said...

Very funny how you just knew purple would be the next color! Haha! The Rail Fence quilt is going to be very pretty.

Miaismine said...

I love how you played with color in your blocks! Looking forward to seeing your top! Very nice!

01 09 10