Friday, November 22, 2013

A Pretty Finish



Well look what I snuck onto my longarm between customer quilts!  With the holidays coming, I have been quilting long hours getting everyone else's holiday gifts quilted up and delivered.  The pile of my own quilts has been growing and I just decided to take some time and quilt up one of my own.




It isn't a large quilt so it quilted up pretty quickly.  I think the finished size is about 40" x 50".  This quilt was made with fat quarters I had won and you can read more about it here.



  For the quilting, I just did some squiggle lines in each block.  I didn't want to take the time to measure or mark for straight lines so these wavy lines gave it a far more casual appearance.


I even had some fabric in my stash that I picked up on sale for the back.  I love it when that happens! This quilt has no home yet but I am sure it won't stick around my house long.

Thanks for stopping by.  In case you missed the post, there still might be time to enter my giveaway.  I'm giving thanks to my wonderful followers so please check it out here.


https://www.bloglovin.com/blog/5198185

 Linking up with Needle and Thread Thursday at My Quilt Infatuation, I quilt at Pretty Bobbins, Finish it up Fridays at Crazy Mom Quilts, TGIFF at Never too hot to Stitch and Can I get a Whoop Whoop at Confessions of a Fabric Addict.

20 comments:

Paula said...

A beautiful finish. I really love how the waves in the quilting gives it a really soft and snuggly look.

Sharon said...

Adorable quilt! I like the squiggly line quilting.

Glinda ♥ said...

Great quilt, the quilting is very effective ... very nice indeed :)

Tanyia said...

That is pretty! I love those colors, too!

Anonymous said...

So very pretty.

Unknown said...

love..love...your quilt. Simple but beautifully quilted.

Joanie's Trendy Quilts said...

Another beautiful quilt! Love the scallop line echo box quilting! Interesting how a mini square flanked in a large block makes an eye appealing quilt.

Susan at TheBoredZombie.com said...

swa-wing! I love it! Nothing better than a squiggly line. :)

Becca said...

I love the simplicity of the blocks and the quilting is just perfect! Thanks for sharing.

Conni said...

it looks great, and good for you for taking time for yourself, we often forget we deserve time for our stuff too!!

Kelly @ My Quilt Infatuation said...

the colors in this one are great, and the squiggly line quilting looks so fun!

Thank you so much for linking up to Needle and Thread Thursday!

:) Kelly @ My Quilt Infatuation

Tami C said...

I like the squiggly quilting. Mine would probably look like that, but not on purpose! Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

Look what I got! :)
http://akainik.wordpress.com/2013/11/23/happy-mail/

Texas JennyWren said...

I am LOVING this cute quilt. Is there a pattern you followed or a tutorial? Love the quilting lines you used on it!!

raye said...

Love "a Pretty Finish"!

Lorna McMahon said...

That IS a sweet quilt. I can see how it managed to sneak in line. Love the wavy quilting. Did you tie of after each block or just wiggle onto the next one?

Paula@TheSassyQuilter said...

ooo, girl! I love that little squiggle! I really want to try that design. It really made the blocks sparkle. Add a check mark to your talley:)

Gemma@prettybobbins said...

Lovely! Great quilting choice and I LOVE that backing fabric! Thanks for linking up :)

Quilting Dee said...

Colours and design are great. A lovely quilt. The serpentine stitch is great the way you have used it for the quilting! Most effective.

Pam @Threading My Way said...

Beautiful!!! I love the effect of the squiggly quilting.

01 09 10