Sunday, August 17, 2014

It all Happened so Quickly!

It all started when I got a little email from Katie at The Littlest Thistle letting me know I had won a gift certificate to the Knotted Thread for an entry in the Q2 Finish-Along for 2014.  Once I completed my little happy dance, I perused the shop...




and picked out this lovely half yard bundle of Simply Style by V & Co.  I fell in love with the colors.


Okay, so maybe this second half yard bundle of Alison Glass' Bike Path Sun Prints also made it into my shopping cart.  I deserve it, right?!?



 They made me so happy when they arrived. Almost too pretty to open!  And then as I was contemplating what to make with them....



I saw a great sale on the newest Kona colors at Gotcha Covered Quilting and had another moment of weakness and bought some one yard pieces.  My cart originally had them all but I managed to whittle them down to just these eight.



Thinking I had gotten my need for new fabric out of my system, my friend and I thought we would drop into a LQS that moved to a new building just to check it out.  And I fell hard for these Mod Geek prints by Robert Kaufman.  But this fabric isn't for me - I NEED it for the graduation quilt I am making my niece.



These additional Arizona prints are for me.  I have admired them on line but when I saw them in person, there was no way I was leaving without them.  So soft and so beautiful!


 But the really funny thing is I allowed myself to buy this giant 16.5" ruler with the agreement that I wouldn't buy any fabric this month.  Silly me...

Really. Should. Know. Better.



If you are interested in more ways to follow me, you can find me on Facebook, Pinterest, Bloglovin', Feedly, Instagram, Google +, or get my blog sent right to your email inbox by entering your email address on the right sidebar! 
Linking up:










15 comments:

Lisa England said...

Lovely fabric choices. I read your blog and I know you make a LOT of stuff, so you NEED fabric, right? At least that's the excuse I use. Ha Ha

Lisa in Port Hope said...

I'm sure you need all of those, they look like great colours to make wonderful quilts,

Barb Neiwert said...

It's all a trap - those pretty colors, patterns, designs, texture - they generate a ton of ideas and pretty soon. . . .we just can't stop ourselves. But I know you'll make some gorgeous quilty things out of them, so it's all good!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Beautiful fabric! Congratulations on winning!

Rike Busch said...

I can really understand, that you cannot resist. Great and amazing fabrics!

Sarah Goer Quilts said...

I'm trying to decide what size giant square ruler I want to buy. How did you decide on 16.5"? (and you have a lovely pile of new fabrics there!)

Gina said...

Love all the fabrics. I like the idea of the giant ruler. I'll have to keep an eye out for that one xx

KMSC said...

OK, now I'll be waiting to see what quilts you make with the new fabrics! But, hey, no pressure. (I really enjoy your blog.)

Anonymous said...

Those are lovely new fabrics and I am sure you will come up with great ideas. With all the projects you have finished lately, I am surprised your stash wasn't depleted! Carol O

Lorna McMahon said...

What a drool worth post! Filled with fabric goodness! Yes, yes, yes! All of these purchases were 'needed'. Congratulations on your haul. You are SEW worth it!

Joanie's Trendy Quilts said...

You certainly had me giggling this morning reading about your shopping sprees. Lots of goodies that are so irresistible!

Jenny Bonynge said...

Yes, we all fall to temptations sometimes...but we're all mad here...and it's OK!

Unknown said...

Ok the geeky glasses and atoms in green and grey, totally cute!!! Can't wait to see the quilt they are used in.

Leanne Parsons said...

So many beautiful fabrics!! Oh the fun you will have with those!

Michelle @ From Bolt to Beauty said...

Holy stash-building adventures! You made some awesome selections!

01 09 10