Wednesday, November 4, 2015

November is the Month!

I know I have said in previous months that my goal was to finish up my second scrap vortex - but REALLY....November is the month!








This one is made from only red, black and white scraps.  I have finished a quilt center but it is only about 40" x 50" so I want to make it bigger.


I have put the project back up on the design wall and am determined to finish it this month.  I think I know how I want to continue but we will have to see how it looks. 



Whatever I do, it will be nice to use up a few more scraps.  As you can see they have been multiplying since I worked on this project last!

A Lovely Year of Finishes


I am making this my November goal for A Lovely Year of Finishes with Sew BitterSweet Designs.  
 
Now all I have to do is keep myself focused on this project,,,Not an easy task!





Linking Up:
 



15 comments:

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I love the color pallette of this one! Are you going to add more scrappy bits and pieces, or some kind of border? Can't wait to see! Mine is about 40 x 50, so also needs to get bigger, but I put it aside again for awhile. Need more inspiration!

Jasmine said...

I love the way this looks. It makes me want to make another, but I don't have time right now.

Gina said...

The quilt looks lovely. I like the controlled palette.

Doreen said...

Trouble focusing seems to be a common 'malady' these days!!! In our frantic schedules that contain way too many "bunny trails" we struggle for "completions". Ugh!!!! Lookin' great so far. Better get crackin' before that little pile grows further!!! LOL!!!!!!

em's scrapbag said...

Looking forward to seeing how you chose to finish this one. I understand the staying focused problem. It can be so hard.

Sophie Zaugg said...

I love your colour scheme ! I look forward to seeing your quilt finished.

Марина Концевая said...

An adorable colour decision!You mastered a managered vortex.

Susan said...

Nice job on this! I'm getting very close to making one of these scrap vortex quilts--I've got too many scraps!

Jo Ferguson said...

You have a wonderful eye for colour. Love this quilt.

Linda said...

Oh this is beautiful!!

Astrid said...

Love your scrappy quilts! Inspiration!

Clare M said...

Looks really good. Hmmm the way scraps grow when you're not looking is a common problem I find.

Vera said...

Good luck! I still haven't figured out my goal :)

Linda @ kokaquilts said...

I do like the way you have only used the three colours for this, quite a different effect from the all-out scrappy versions! Looking forward to seeing how you do finish this!

Sandy Panagos said...

That's going to be pretty. Go, go, go -- you can do it!

01 09 10