Friday, November 6, 2015

The Gift of a Quilt (Top)

Months ago, a client of mine reserved time on my longarm schedule to quilt up a Christmas quilt she was getting ready to make.  About a month later, she called to let me know she had finished the top and was disappointed with her choice of design.  In her small living space, she only had room for one holiday quilt and she didn't like this one enough for it to make the grade.  She then asked me if I wanted the top to finish it.  
I bet you know what my answer was!


 It was such a generous gift.  I am sure a lot of time was spent making all those tiny pinwheels.



I was happy to discover I had the perfect backing piece already in my stash.  And a solid red binding finished it nicely.  My hurried photos don't show how bright and cheery this quilt is.  My busy schedule this time of year makes it difficult to find time to take pictures.  Between the rain showers and the gray, gloomy skies, these were the best photos I was able to get.




 Sadly, the tiny scale of these pinwheels don't show off the cute prints very well.  
But it is still a wonderful quilt none the less.

And now that it is finished, I am ready to pay my client's gift forward by donating it to a charity.  I have two in mind but I still need to contact them.  I am hoping this little quilt will bring a little cheer to someone who can use a hug during the holidays!

Gifting a quilt always makes me happy!


Linking Up:

Crazy Mom Quilts
A Quilted Passion


15 comments:

Yvonne from Quilting Jetgirl said...

I hope that your client is able to make something that pleases her more. That quilt top must have taken quite a while to put together! Someone is going to really get a treat when they get this quilt.

Jo Ferguson said...

What a lovely way to pay it forward. The finished quilt is gorgeous.

Karen said...

Very pretty quilt. It is very generous of both of you to give a perfect quilty hug of warmth and comfort.

gayle said...

Everybody wins! Especially the recipient of this bright happy quilt!
How big are those pinwheels?

Leanne Parsons said...

It's so pretty (but then, I'm rather partial to pinwheels)! What a great gift this will be for someone in need of a quilty hug.

Jasmine said...

This is so cute! What a fun joint project to spread comfort. This is another quilt that has been on my bucket list,

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

a great collaboration! It is a very pretty quilt!

JanineMarie said...

I love this story.

Sue SA said...

What a lovely outcome for a homeless quilt.

Kay said...

Just beautiful, such lovely quilt and so good that it is going to a place where it will be treasured. x

Lois said...

It's beautiful as are the both of you for your generosity:))

Love Of Quilts said...

Very Pretty!

Zenia Rene said...

Ahhh, how nice of your client. And then you paying it forward...double awesome. Gifting quilts makes me happy too. What size did this beauty finish at?

Michele said...

Too bad she didn't decide to keep it. I think it turned out great and I'm sure it will be treasured by whomever receives it.

Lara B. said...

You finished the top so beautifully Cyndy! Someone is going to be very delighted to receive this pretty quilt!

01 09 10