Wednesday, November 18, 2015

Scrap-A-Palooza! Purple Sampler Blocks

I have finally been able to spend a bit of time in my sewing room so lots of progress has been made.  One of the projects I am working on is my Scrap-A-Palooza sampler.  This has really been a great project for both using up scraps and playing with color.




I finished up my four purple blocks.  I really wanted to choose some block designs without a lot of background to them.  Once again, I used the darker fabrics in the center of the blocks and worked out to lighter tones to the outside.




 And here they are in the quilt layout.  Only four more corner blocks to go and the quilt top will be finished.  My plans are for these last blocks to be made in greens like the center block.

I am hoping to have this one finished by the end of the month!


Linking Up:




14 comments:

Robyn said...

It's neat how the choice of blocks in the sampler still creates the lattice design even though they are all different. Nicely done!

scraphappy said...

Love the way this one is coming together. What great colors. The green corners will finish your top off perfectly.

Chantal said...

Great work Cynthia. Love the hint of lattice work and the colours go so well together. Love it.

gayle said...

I'm really enjoying watching this quilt grow. It's a really fabulous sampler!

Ruth said...

really like the idea of purple and green together like this!

Jayne said...

This sure came together nicely! I love how the colors change!

Linda in Calif. said...

Yes, the green of the center block is a great idea. Very pretty - can't wait to see it with the corners too - that will really make it pop!

Linda said...

Nice colors! Looking forward to your finish. :)

Ivani said...

Cynthia you did a Great choice of blocks and colors

Lara B. said...

Ahhh... Purple! :)
The fade out effect of your color placement is wonderful Cyndy! It gives it an ombre look. This is turning into one gorgeous quilt!

Clare M said...

Looking gorgeous Cynthia. Green in the corners will give a great sense of continuity. Looking forward to seeing it progress.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I love those purple blocks! And what a great idea to tie in with the green center again at the corners. This is going to be such a beautiful quilt!

Jasmine said...

Purple is my favorite! It adds a lot to your quilt.

Jo Ferguson said...

I've enjoyed seeing this quilt come together. It's beautiful and I adore your colour/fabric choices.

01 09 10