Sunday, October 1, 2017

Oh Scrap! ; Burgoyne Block

Well, I am still ignoring my sewing room - but thank goodness for my Sunday blog commitment!
I did spend a couple of hours in there on Saturday so I would have something to write about.  I finished a few more boring brown blocks for my sister's quilt...





But I spent most of that time cutting and sewing up this second Burgoyne Surround block.
Isn't it pretty!




 Now I have a total of two blocks completed.  So many more to go....


I am looking forward to seeing what the RSC color announcement for October will be.  That will give me even more reasons to ignore my sister's quilt!  :)



***********************************************

Now it is time for you to share your scrap projects.  Here are the details for linking up:
  • This linky party is for any scrappy project - It can be in-process or a finished piece.
  • You can link up your blog post (not your homepage please) or Instagram photo from the past week that features your use of scraps.
  • If you are linking to a blog post, I ask that you link back to my blog somewhere in your post. So if you are writing about scraps, just get into the habit of including a link as there will be a linky party available every week!
  • If you are using Instagram, please use the hashtag #ohscrap.
  • This is a party so remember to socialize and comment on the posts of others.
  • Following my blog is not necessary but it sure would be great if you do!

    Quilting is more fun than Housework

    So if you love scrappy projects, feel free to grab my button for your sidebar or posts and get ready to share all your wonderful projects from scraps.  And if you have a great idea for using scraps and would like to be featured, feel free to contact me!





    15 comments:

    Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

    I used to think about making that block then thought it looked like too much work!

    Jayne said...

    It does look like a lot of work! How many blocks are you planning on making and what size is it? As long as you stay steady...you'll get there! It is an amazing block!

    Julie in GA said...

    Beautiful Burgoyne blocks! I'm so tempted to start making some myself.

    Kate said...

    Very pretty blocks, with lots of itty bitty pieces! Sometimes needing to write a blog post is my only motivation for getting into the sewing room. Hope your sewing mojo returns soon.

    scraphappy said...

    These weekly links parties are good for productivity. October is orange -- just in case you want to avoid grey and brown for a bit longer.

    Jamie Janow Elfert said...

    I am a big fan of the Burgoyne Surround pattern and you have inspired me to pull out the one I start several years ago. Your version is awesome.

    gayle said...

    I'm always happy to see other people also making BS blocks! Such fun to make, and not as complicated as they look!

    LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

    I like the colors you're using to make these blocks! Your scraps make the most amazing things! :)

    Paige said...

    I'm enjoying these blocks a lot!

    Cathy said...

    Ditto what Gayle said! I love your version.

    The Joyful Quilter said...

    October is PINK for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge. Have fun ignoring that boring brown!! LOL

    Chopin - A Passionate Quilter said...

    Love the blocks! So pretty and my colors!
    I am trying to get to a point where I can do a post of what little I have accomplished and go forward! At least my CT surgeries are over with and only 8 more days and I am good to go and out of brace during the day! Maybe I can catch up from the last 5 months! Have a great day

    mangozz said...

    I love your Burgoyne Surrounded blocks and you are way ahead of me. I haven't even started mine yet. I'm trying not to start anymore large quilts until I finish a few in progress. I like your blue color scheme too.

    Barb Neiwert said...

    Just think - you've doubled the size of your quilt! That's progress :) It's going to be beautiful!

    Angie in SoCal said...

    Love your blocks!

    01 09 10