Sunday, June 17, 2018

Oh Scrap! : More BS

I finally found some time to get back to an older project that has been waiting for one last block.



 Here is my final Burgoyne Surround block!  I did have to go buy a fat quarter of the blue fabric.  Everything I had just wasn't quite the right shade.  I even tried to hit a friend's stash but her blues were all wrong too.



Here are all the blocks together.  Now I need to work on the pieced sashing and borders.  If I remember correctly, the blocks finish at 16" so right now this quilt is not that big.  I hope to fix that without making more blocks.

I just hope this project doesn't continue to languish as I think about next steps!

*********************************************************

It is now your turn to share what you are making with scraps.  Here are the details for linking up: 

  • This linky party is for any scrappy project - It can be in-process or a finished piece.
  • You can link up your blog post (not your homepage please) or Instagram photo from the past week that features your use of scraps.
  • If you are linking to a blog post, I ask that you link back to my blog somewhere in your post. So if you are writing about scraps, just get into the habit of including a link as there will be a linky party available every week!
  • If you are using Instagram, please use the hashtag #ohscrap.
  • This is a party so remember to socialize and comment on the posts of others.
  • Following my blog is not necessary but it sure would be great if you do! 
Quilting is more fun than Housework














Linking Up:



20 comments:

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I've always liked those blocks! Glad you're ready to move them on! Are you adding a sashing to them?

Jayne said...

I think your BS quilt is coming along beautifully! I just cannot believe you didn't have the exact right blue in your stash!

Barb Neiwert said...

LOL, everyone is laughing out here when we read you had to go buy a bit of fabric! Shock and awe!!! Glad you did, because the quilt top is looking great! I was also thinking that if it were me, and I didn't have a plan for the sashing, etc., those blocks would lay in a drawer for centuries. But I'm confident you'll get them together in no time!

Chantal said...

Beautiful! Good luck with the finishing touches. ;^)

Kate said...

Congrats on finishing off that last block. It's a very fun quilt, but oh those blocks have such small little pieces.

Frédérique - Quilting Patchwork Appliqué said...

These blocks are just perfect! Beautifully done, it's going to be a gorgeous quilt with borders and what you plan to add next ;)

The Joyful Quilter said...

Totally worth the effort AND the extra fabric purchase!!

gayle said...

So happy to see your BS blocks come out to play! Wide sashing, with 9-patches as the cornerstones, will painlessly add lots of size to the top. Can't wait to see your finish!

Angie said...

Cool-looking Burgoyne blocks - fun to see them all in one colorway!

Pack Rat With a Plan said...

Blues are the most prevalent color in my stash, but I had an amazingly difficult time finding the just right 4 darks and 4 lights for my recent project. Your blocks look great. I have always liked that block. One day - maybe.

Denise said...

This looks great. I have been toying with ideas for a Burgoyne Surround since seeing one on television.

Nann said...

I've seen many Burgoyne Surrounded quilts but none with a different color in the center. It's very effective!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Your title grabbed me! Do you ever play the card game BS? ha ha! Love your blocks they look great!

Cathy said...

I really like your BS in the one colorway. It looks very elegant.

Susie H said...

Glad you're making progress on this one. Curious how you'll make it larger without making more blocks!

Ann said...

Finishing each step creates a warm glow of accomplishment. Congratulations. It's a perennial favorite.

beth s said...

What a gorgeous quilt. I want to make one like that!

Susan said...

That is looking quite classy - love your color choices and placement!

Beth @ Cooking Up Quilts said...

Oh, I really like those blocks and how they look when layed out together. It will be fun to see how you finish this quilt top! Thanks for sharing on MCM. :)

Linda Ball said...

My friends and I did a quiltalong on the Burgoyen Surrounded. Here is a link to my post about it. https://cozy-quilts.ca/2017/10/20/surrounded-by-friends/

Fabric choices sure make a difference.

01 09 10