Sunday, July 22, 2018

Oh Scrap! : Flags

My scrap quilting has been all over the place this month.  I have worked on RSC blocks, created quilts from a gifted scrap bag and have been testing out a few blocks that I might want to make into quilts.  The latter has been with limited success.  

I will share those thoughts later as they gel a bit more...




But I did get a dozen #flagsforsue blocks finished and sent off to Alycia for a Quilts of Valor project she is hosting.  If you want to read more about, you can check it out here.

She has already received a number of blocks and shared them on a blog post.


*********************************************************

It is now your turn to share what you are making with scraps.  Here are the details for linking up: 

  • This linky party is for any scrappy project - It can be in-process or a finished piece.
  • You can link up your blog post (not your homepage please) or Instagram photo from the past week that features your use of scraps.
  • If you are linking to a blog post, I ask that you link back to my blog somewhere in your post. So if you are writing about scraps, just get into the habit of including a link as there will be a linky party available every week!
  • If you are using Instagram, please use the hashtag #ohscrap.
  • This is a party so remember to socialize and comment on the posts of others.
  • Following my blog is not necessary but it sure would be great if you do! 
Quilting is more fun than Housework











Linking Up:


9 comments:

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

You made some great flags! I could only come up with enough red for two flags, so that's what I sent. They were fun and easy to make, though!

Frédérique - Quilting Patchwork Appliqué said...

Great patriotic blocks!

Kate said...

You made some great flags! Alycia has received a bunch and they all look great.

Jayne said...

Now that's a lot of flags! You sometimes have to try different blocks to know if they will work or not. I'm looking forward to seeing the ones that did work and hear your thoughts on all of them!

gayle said...

Look at all the beautiful flags!
I always enjoy your posts where you talk about how your design process works - food for thought every time!

Susie H said...

Love your flags and it's a double-win when you can use your stash!

helenjean@midgetgemquilts said...

I love how all your flags are the same but different. But then that's what makes any country great, a combination of same but different people.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Those are awesome flags!!! and I am a little behind in reading - but can't wait to see the blocks you tried out ;-)

beth s said...

Love your flag blocks! Thanks for linking up this week.

01 09 10