Sunday, July 15, 2018

Oh Scrap! : Squared Away Sampler Blocks

It is only halfway through July and I have all of my Rainbow Scrap Challenge blocks done...including my Squared Away Sampler blocks!



The Squared Away block for this month is a nice easy one.  The first one I made in some bright happy reds.



The second block is a much darker maroon with some other colors in the prints for added interest.  
I would have preferred some different reds but I am really trying to use some of my smaller scraps.

Now that I have all my RSC blocks for the month finished, I feel like I need to choose a few new projects.  I can hear so many of you cheering me on!


*********************************************************

It is now your turn to share what you are making with scraps.  Here are the details for linking up: 

  • This linky party is for any scrappy project - It can be in-process or a finished piece.
  • You can link up your blog post (not your homepage please) or Instagram photo from the past week that features your use of scraps.
  • If you are linking to a blog post, I ask that you link back to my blog somewhere in your post. So if you are writing about scraps, just get into the habit of including a link as there will be a linky party available every week!
  • If you are using Instagram, please use the hashtag #ohscrap.
  • This is a party so remember to socialize and comment on the posts of others.
  • Following my blog is not necessary but it sure would be great if you do! 
Quilting is more fun than Housework












Linking Up:


9 comments:

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Your Squared Away blocks look good! I had to make what I had work for this month's blocks, too. It's funny how many different reds there are, and they aren't always right for every project - I'm struggling to find patriotic looking reds for Alycia's flag blocks. I may have to go buy some just so I can participate!

Jayne said...

Being ahead of the game is always a good feeling! You wouldn't be you if you didn't start at least one new project! I'm with you...now go sew!

Cathy said...

Go, Cynthia, Go! (do you hear me cheering you on?

Barb Neiwert said...

I don't have a scrap project in the works this week, but sure enjoy looking at everyone else's! WTG on staying ahead of the game!

Frédérique - Quilting Patchwork Appliqué said...

Pretty blocks, I love the maroon fabric. Enjoy your free time now ;)

Kate said...

Very pretty blocks, but they certainly look very different. Congrats on getting all caught up.

Bonnie said...

YEA! For being ahead of the plan. Nice blocks.

Ann said...

I like your subtle variations of fabric placement.

Susie H said...

What a great block for your Rainbow Scrap Challenge. I hope you manage to stay caught up.

01 09 10