Friday, June 11, 2021

A Wiggle Time Finish

 



A few weeks ago I came across some coordinating fat quarters and some matching background fabrics in my stash and decided to make a quilt using my Wiggle Time pattern.




I was able to not only get it quilted this week but I also attached the binding.
Hurray for a finish!




I really like how the printed background fabric looks with the focus prints.  It looks like it came from the same collection! (but it didn't - I recently ordered the background fabric from Connecting Threads. Sadly I don't think it is available anymore.)




I did struggle finding a backing fabric.  I finally settled on just using some Kona Snow.  It really shows the swirly/floral quilting I did.





I am really pleased with how it turned out.  I love using this Wiggle Time pattern whenever I find some stray fat quarters in my stash.  I like having some smaller quilts stashed away for gifts and this design is a fast finish.

It feels good to get a few more finishes under my belt.  In recent months, I have been in the mood for starting projects so I find myself with a lot going on in my sewing room.  I hope to keep up the momentum - Hopefully more finishes will soon follow!

Wishing everyone a wonderful weekend!


13 comments:

Gretchen Weaver said...

What a lovely quilt, the fabrics look wonderful! The quilting on the back looks very nice. Happy stitching on the next quilt!

Yvonne from Quilting Jetgirl said...

Solids are so nice for showing of the quilting on the back of a quilt. I love how this one came together!

Anonymous said...

So pretty! The pattern shows off those beautiful focus prints so well.

Michelle
https://mybijoulifeonline.com

Turid said...

This will be a treasured gift. I love how the different fabrics o together so well. Sometimes we're lucky to find just the perfect fabrics in our stash. Maybe because we all own lots of fabrics?

Anonymous said...

Pretty quilt! I recently purchased your pattern and have already made one quilt top using it and have fabrics pulled for a second. It's a great pattern.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Super sweet finish, Cynthia!!

Vicki in MN said...

I found a patriotic Wiggle Time in my UFO closet, I need to quilt it up soon! I don't think one can go wrong no matter what fabrics we choose for this pattern!!!

Rebecca Grace said...

This is such a fun pattern, Cynthia! It really just takes a FQ of each print fabric plus background? Because my stash is overflowing with FQ and half yard prints that I used to buy just because I liked them... Very pretty!

Chantal said...

It does look like from the same collection. Congrats! ;^)

Nancy @ Grace and Peace Quilting said...

So cute!! A fast finish is so satisfying!!!

Susie H said...

You are so right -- all the fabrics work together wonderfully. Great job. Great finish!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Perfect!! Love all those fabrics together!

Melanie said...

Looks like a fun sew! And I love the modern look with just a splash of yellow and pink color :) xo Melanie

01 09 10