Friday, October 15, 2021

My Happy Little Village

 I continue to make great progress whittling down my UFO list.  I have finally dropped below 20 projects and I have a number of quilts that are entering the final stages.




Today I get to share my Happy Village quilt.




I started this quilt almost a decade ago.  I hade made all the string blocks and then set everything aside.  This has always been a quilt I either wanted to write a pattern or structure a class for.


I used the sew, flip and trim method for my flying geese roofs.  Then I kept all those trimmed triangles to use in the border.





I decided to use my triangles in the opposing corners.  I really like the way it turned out.  I shared a few other ways you can mix up the border in this previous post.




I quilted it with irregularly spaced lines, backed it with a sage print and bound it with the same fabric I used in the roofs.  I am already planning another quilt in this same pattern for the future.  Hopefully this one won't sit around for years.




I really think it is a fun a quilt!  This one measure about 54" square I think.  I would have liked to add another background border but I ran out of fabric.

There are just so many fun quilts you can make from scraps!








I thought this was a great new box club from Annie's Kit Club.  The Genius Box!  This club provides creative, hands-on exploration of STEM (science, technology, engineering, and math) through totally-awesome projects to engage curious kids.

Use coupon SHARE50 to get a 50% discount on the first month.




17 comments:

TerryKnott.blogspot.com said...

Those are truly happy houses! I love it when the cut offs get used elsewhere in the project. Congratulations on a finish!!!

julieQ said...

I love it! perfect for scraps, and for this stay at home environment!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

That is such a fun design! I like how the houses use up the scrappy strips and the roofs and background fabric tie everything together. Are the strips leftover from a particular quilt, or just pulled from scraps? The HST border worked out great, too! Hooray for finishing up UFOs!

Yvonne from Quilting Jetgirl said...

The bonus HSTs frame the village so nicely. Looks great and congratulations for making such great progress on your WIPs!

Jenny said...

They are gorgeous little houses and I really like the way you have set them.

Ivani said...

What a great finished! Love the scraps house and how you use the bonus HTS for the border.

Chantal said...

Congrats on getting your UFO list down AND on the finishing of this great quilt. Love it! ;^)

Kat said...

I really like the creative border

Melisa- pinkernpunkinquilting said...

What a happy and fun village and love that border. Congratulations on a fabulous finish. Happy quilting.

Susie H said...

This is a great quilt. Love how you used the cut-offs for the border. Nothing wasted and it really added to the entire quilt. Fabulous!

Barb N said...

This is a fun quilt! I'm glad you finished it. Very nice.

MissPat said...

That's a creative take on the house block. Very cheery.
BTW, the link to the Annie's Genius Box doesn't work.
Pat

The Joyful Quilter said...

Adding rooftops to String blocks was a really good idea. LOVE it, Cynthia!!!

KaHolly said...

Another adorable finish! A clever way to dig into this scrap bins. A decade ago, I’ll bet you didn’t realize how timely a house quilt would be to finish today!

Vicki in MN said...

Fabulous finish, I like how you used up the flip corners in your border.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

That is just adorable!! What a great way to use all those strips!!

QuiltGranma said...

Love the way you put this together. Well worth the wait, right?

01 09 10