Wednesday, February 23, 2022

Future Small Donation Quilts

 One of my frequent quilt buyers contacted me and asked me if I could make some smaller quilts that she could buy to donate.  In this situation, I always try to keep the costs down as much as I can and use simple and quick patterns.



Of course I thought of my Wiggle Time pattern.  It is a quick sew and uses just 5 fat quarters.  I recently snagged two fat quarters of this fun balloon fabric from a friend and added in three more brights.  
Some navy blue Kona and I am all set for the first one!

My plans are to "kit" up quite a few more fat quarter stacks.  That way I can sew them up when I get the time. I will try and share as I get them coordinated.



I still love this blue version I made for the cover of my pattern.  I have found some of the pink and gray version of the animal print in the center so I can't wait to complete a "girl" version.

Off to sew!


(BTW - I was just notified by my distributor that RK is raising prices for Kona cottons in March.  If you need some for your stash, you might want to stock up soon if you can!)

The Fat Quarter Shop has lots.


Follow Me on Bloglovin'                 Follow Me on Feedly

3 comments:

Ioleen said...

I made that pattern. It is being loved in the house it was made for.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Good plan, Cynthia!!

Barb N said...

Those colors really pop! It should make a great quilt!

01 09 10