Wednesday, February 2, 2022

Then This Happened

 A few days ago, I had the bright idea to rummage through my orphan blocks to see if there were any I wanted to turn into some quick placemats.



It seemed like a bright idea because look at the state of my orphan block storage.  I have a cute little suitcase that I keep my orphans in and this is no it.  This is the big box I had to start using because my suitcase is overstuffed.

So digging out a few for placemats seemed like a win.




But then this happened....small bits in pretty green and oranges ended up on my empty design wall and soon I was more interested in these bits than the search for placemat blocks.


I am not quite ready to say I have started a new project.  If some of you remember, my goal this year was to reduce the number of started projects this year.  I think I will let this sit on the wall and we will see how interested I am in it after a few days.

...but I think my willpower is dwindling!

Hope you are finding time this week to play in your sewing rooms!


Follow Me on Bloglovin'                   Follow Me on Feedly







Connecting Threads has added some fun fabrics to their clearance section.  
Don't you love those stripes!






14 comments:

Yvonne from Quilting Jetgirl said...

Those are cute together! If you are really interested, it will probably be fast and fun, right?!?

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

New starts are hard to resist, but I don't think it's *technically* a new start if those pieces came out of your orphan block box...:) It will be fun to see what you do with these!

Chantal said...

Not that I don't believe you but I think you're going to play with these before the week is done. You're welcome. Haha. ;^)

Pamela Arbour said...

Technically, they are part of your UFOs, so you have permission, especially if you keep pulling from your orphan blocks. What's in the trunk? You can also work on the placemats while you piddle around with your design wall. Why not? So far, I don't think you have been encourage to putit back! LOL

cityquilter grace said...

oh i know how that happens...pretty colors there...i organized my stash a couple of weeks ago and came across a few pieces that got pulled for exactly the same thing

Barb N said...

My take on this is that you NEED to create a new quilt with these because we are all out here looking at those and thinking "How in the world is she going to create something with those?" I don't know how so I'm waiting for you to show me, lol! Do it!

Char said...

Wow, I can see why you were enticed into a new quilt project. Those blocks are wonderful.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Its taunting you sitting there staring at you... haha

Joni said...

With the sunny weather we are expecting, how could you not be in your happy place designing with Springy greens and apricots and oranges. Don't hold back! Orphan blocks need just as much attention as scrap bins. Off you go, Cynthia! Can't wait to see what you come up with.

Turid said...

New starts are so good. This is going to be the beginning of a super springy little quilt, maybe a table topper. Good luck!

The Joyful Quilter said...

Oh, NO, Cynthia! The squirrels are running rampant in your sewing room!!! :o))

Karin said...

I was just talking on my blog about a similar thing, i.e. that compulsion to spontaneously start new projects. Glad to read I am not the only one.

Anonymous said...

The same thing happened to me this week, the goal was to complete at least one maybe 2 UFO's and start on a Quilt of Valor. Didn't work on the UFO's began the QOV but also started a quilt that has every corner snowballed. Just the way plans go sometimes.

O'Quilts said...

sew much fun!!!

01 09 10