Sunday, March 20, 2022

Oh Scrap! : RSC Blocks

 The sunny days have turned rainy here so I was able to spend some time in my sewing room.





I finished up all of my Chaser Blocks in Yellow for the month of March.


I love this project more with every month's worth of blocks added.



I also finished two more of my Bloom blocks.  I still have four more yellow ones to make for the quilt design I am making.  Hopefully I can get to them next week - they are all cut, I just need to sew them up.



And lastly, I finished up my letter R for my booth banner.  I still have the letter S to make in the color yellow.



Here are all the letters I have made so far.  I still have 12 to go!

(The letters are a paper piece pattern by Quiet Play)


So many scraps and so little Time...I am never going to get to them all!


*********************************************

It is now your turn to share what you are making with scraps.  Here are the details for linking up: 

  • This linky party is for any scrappy project - It can be in-process or a finished piece.
  • You can link up your blog post (not your homepage please) or Instagram photo from the past week that features your use of scraps.
  • If you are linking to a blog post, I ask that you link back to my blog somewhere in your post. So if you are writing about scraps, just get into the habit of including a link as there will be a linky party available every week!
  • If you are using Instagram, please use the hashtag #ohscrap.
  • This is a party so remember to socialize and comment on the posts of others.
  • Following my blog is not necessary but it sure would be great if you do! 

13 comments:

Ivani said...

Chaser Blocks are a great scrap buster. So happy!
Love your yellow Bloom blocks, Cynthia.

Chantal said...

That Chase quilt is so much fun. Love it big time. The letters are amazing. ;^)

Nancy @ Grace and Peace Quilting said...

Rain means flowers are on the way! Your chaser blocks are so good in variegated colors! I enjoy seeing your letters come together!!!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I love all those colorful blocks with black - really pops

The Joyful Quilter said...

Awesome letters for your banner and I LOVE those cheerful YELLOW/GOLD baskets!!!

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

I love all those blacks with the bright colours. Also love those baskets...a favourite block of mine and one I think I could pull off nowadays. How neat to paper piece letters too. Really clever, Cynthia.

Sylvia@Treadlestitches said...

Lots of great color (and scraps) in your Chaser blocks! Gotta love those letters, the shapes are like stained glass.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I love those letters! They're going to make a wonderful banner - so perfect for you. Have a great Sunday!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

What Great blocks

Susie H said...

Your letters are so pretty, but I'm still trying to figure out the mystery of what you're spelling. That being said, I really love the Chaser blocks!!!

Bonnie said...

Love those letters. You are making great progress on your yellows.

Gwyned Trefethen said...

I agree, the Chaser Blocks look great laid out together.

Sandy Panagos said...

I'm loving those Chaser blocks more every month, too!

01 09 10