Wednesday, July 13, 2022

UFO Challenge Status

 I am still making progress on my goal of reducing my UFOs in 2022.

I have finished all of the projects drawn in January through May.  I am still working on my June project.


Here are the blocks I am making this month.  

They will finish at 12" and I really like how they look.

I know I don't have enough of the taupe background fabric.  But I am hoping to switch to something else and make it looked planned.



Right now I have ten blocks completed with this background.  I do have enough for a couple more blocks but I think I will stop here.  These equate to half the blocks needed for the quilt.



Today I pulled out another background fabric that I think will work for the rest of the blocks.
Here is the first block...




And here it is up on the wall.  I plan to put some sort of sashing in between the blocks.  I have a lot of fabrics to use up so I am not sure yet what that will look like.  At least now I know I have a solution for the rest of the blocks and I can move forward.




I haven't even started my July project.  I remodeled my kitchen in 2013 and I still need to sew two valances out of this mod fabric.  My hold up is actually how I am going to hang them.  So tomorrow I am off to DIY stores and hopefully I will find all the hardware I need to move this one forward too!

Hope you all are having a fabulous week!




You still have a few more days to take advantage of some of the sales going on at Connecting Threads.  In addition to their yardage sale, they are having daily stash bargains.  Check it out!




8 comments:

Libby in TN said...

Great block to use up some wild and crazy fabrics! Balancing out the second background helps to make it feel intentional.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Looking good!!!

Yvonne from Quilting Jetgirl said...

The second background fabric looks great, and with a bit of sashing it looks like you are going to be in good shape to get the June project to completion. Having a plan makes all the difference. I hope you find what you need at the hardware store to hang your soon to be finished valences, too!

Www.quiltingneeds.com said...

Love your blocks. Fabric gives it a unique look! Love it.

Chantal said...

Looking good so far. Enjoy! ;^)

TerryKnott.blogspot.com said...

Impressive results with your UFO challenge. I like your "new" background and your plans!

Lynn said...

I really identify with your process of starting with your 10 blocks then finding something that works with them and feeling that having sorted that, you can move forward- its a satisfying feeling. Lovely work

The Joyful Quilter said...

Congrats on locating an alternate background fabric, Cynthia. Looks like a great choice to mix in with the others!

01 09 10