Friday, July 15, 2022

Covered in Love Quilt #7

 Every evening for a few weeks has been spent working on hand sewing the bindings on quilts.  

I just finished the 7th quilt for Covered in Love.



I was able to stretch out the 90 star blocks into four (rather than 3) quilts.  The first four quilts you can see here and here.  I had 27 blocks left over from the first 3 quilts.  I thought I would be faced with making a few myself or sending some extras back to Kat. 


 

But then I came up with the idea to stagger a few of the rows.  On both ends of three block columns, I put in some flag fabric which made up for the three blocks missing for a whole quilt.




I really liked how staggering the blocks made all those stars look like they were floating.



The stars in this quilt are quite varied.  There are some great designs!



I still have one more Tall Nine quilt to share.  Then I can send off two big boxes of finished quilts back to Kat!  A big thanks to all who sent in some of these blocks.  They were all made so beautifully!





Here is a photo of the back.  I had to use three segments from the fabrics that were left.

For the quilting, I used a line design to kind of give the feel of a waving flag.  
I thought it fit this quilt quite nicely!

I have a busy weekend in front of me.  Lots to harvest from the garden, loads of prep to get done before the contractors/painters show up and my printer decided to die yesterday. I really need my printer...so somewhere I have to fit in some shopping.

Hope you all have something fun and relaxing planned!




13 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I hate to think of how much those big boxes of quilts will cost to ship - prices on postage have gone up so much - that is really nice of you - love your stars

Libby in TN said...

Inspired solution! And, as usual, inspiring, as well.

Quilter Kathy said...

That is a fabulous design... great quilt!

Www.quiltingneeds.com said...

Such a pretty Quilt.

Katie said...

This is great and I spy some blocks I made! I'm so glad they were useful. Thanks for doing the hard part of long seams, quilting and binding them!

Barb N said...

You have such a knack for putting blocks together like this - you always amaze me! Beautiful!

thatfabricfeeling.wordpress.com said...

This is another great finish. I admit to being sad that we're not making these blocks this year. However, I do get that things get stale when you don't change periodically. You have a real skill in pulling these blok together into wonderful finishes!!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

You are so creative with all those different blocks! This might be my favorite one of the bunch - it's really interesting to look at. Hope you have a great Friday, and weekend. Never a dull moment, is there?!

TerryKnott.blogspot.com said...

Another WOW!. . .you've set these blocks so that they are indeed waving in the wind! Well done!

Louise said...

I love all the various layouts you've used with the CiL star blocks! I'm always hesitant to not use sashing, but it works so well here that I am totally inspired :) Thanks for all the eye candy!

Nancy @ Grace and Peace Quilting said...

What a great way to fill in the blanks--with flag fabric! Beautiful patriotic finish, Cynthia!!!

The Joyful Quilter said...

Nicely done, Cynthia!!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

I like this one too!! The staggered blocks are a really cool effect!!!

01 09 10