Sunday, August 7, 2022

Oh Scrap! : Finally Some Sewing

 It has been a week since I posted something!

I didn't have a finished quilt to share on Friday and I haven't really started anything new so it is pretty silent around here.



I did get my four purple Chaser blocks finished for the month of July.  I think I already have my orange blocks done so now I should have enough blocks to put the quilt top together.  I just need an empty design wall so I can plan the layout.

Hopefully soon this one will be a finish!




These blocks aren't made from scraps, but I did get four more of these churn dash variation blocks finished.




I only have four more blocks to complete.  In fact, the last four blocks are all in process next to my sewing machine.  These blocks go together very quickly.




I still have a lot of leftover fabric so I am starting to think of ways to use some of it.  I plan on adding a black/brown swirl fabric for the sashing.  I will also use some of the smaller scraps from the blocks for cornerstones.  

I was thinking about adding some flip corners to the sashing and turning that cornerstone into a star.  But the more I look at it, the more I think I like it without.  The feel of this quilt just feels more round and not spikey.

Have an opinion, feel free to let me know in the comments.

*********************************************

It is now your turn to share what you are making with scraps.  Here are the details for linking up: 

  • This linky party is for any scrappy project - It can be in-process or a finished piece.
  • You can link up your blog post (not your homepage please) or Instagram photo from the past week that features your use of scraps.
  • If you are linking to a blog post, I ask that you link back to my blog somewhere in your post. So if you are writing about scraps, just get into the habit of including a link as there will be a linky party available every week!
  • If you are using Instagram, please use the hashtag #ohscrap.
  • This is a party so remember to socialize and comment on the posts of others.
  • Following my blog is not necessary but it sure would be great if you do! 

11 comments:

Nancy @ Grace and Peace Quilting said...

Love the neutral churn dash blocks--almost there!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Fun to see those interesting prints close up! If you keep the cornerstones as is, they make another churn dash shape, so you're consistent. Have a great Sunday, Cyndy!

Chantal said...

I agree with you. No friendship star for this one. The fact that each block has light corners with the addition of a light cornerstone you get a secondary design in the shape of a shoo-fly. That is just perfect in my humble opinion. But you do you because you are great at being you. ;^)

The Joyful Quilter said...

Can't WAIT to see that amazing neutral quilt come together, Cynthia!

TerryKnott.blogspot.com said...

Love your fabric choice for the cornerstones. Leave the flippy bits for another project. This one looks fantastic as it is. How exciting to be so close to a top!

Michelle said...

The Chaser blocks are so much fun! And the neutral quilt is fabulous.

Frédérique - Quilting Patchwork Appliqué said...

I love your Chaser blocks, so pretty!
Love the churn dash blocks too, I think they are beautiful the way you made them ;)

LA Paylor said...

love the first picture... you sure know how to combine scraps into dynamic blocks

Melisa- pinkernpunkinquilting said...

Your Churn Dashes are looking awesome. Love the fabric choices you used. Have a great day. Happy quilting.

Bonnie said...

Those Churn Dash look great. I think I'd go with the plain squares for the cornerstones. I think a star there would detract from the Churn Dash blocks. I bet it feels great to get some sewing done again.

Preeti said...

By quiet you mean low-volume, right? Cause I see that you have been sewing a storm :-)

01 09 10