Friday, December 2, 2022

Scrappy Galore Finish

 I finished this scrappy quilt a few weeks ago and I think I forgot to share it!

Sorry, I had to take some indoor photos because our weather has been wet and cold.



This quilt started when I was cleaning out a drawer of bagged scraps.  I noticed that a couple of the bags had similar colored scraps and that is all it takes to get me started on a quilt.



First, I went through and paired up a bunch of triangles and turned them into improv HSTs.  These were then sewn together with various rectangles, squares and strips.



I really loved the color combination.  I did add a few bright red pieces into the mix.



It isn't a huge quilt.  I think it measures about 50" x 60".  I am happy to report that all of the scraps in the bags got used up and I even had to pull a few out of the general scrap bins.

Putting this quilt together was just entertainment for me so I think this will be one I will donate to my hospital donation project.




I put one of my Connecting Threads purchases on the back.  I quilted it with a edge to edge boxy meander and bound it with some dark green solid fabric that was in my stash.

I love to play with scraps!




Linking Up:

My Quilt Infatuation (Needle & Thread)
From Bolt to Beauty (Brag about your Beauties)
Alycia Quilts (Finished or not Friday)



15 comments:

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Oh How COOL!!! is this one!!!
Its so fun and it moves your eyes all over!!!
Great job!!!

Anonymous said...

Looking at your quilt makes me ponder my fabric choices. I need to pick out brighter fabric to put a little zing in my quilts. Thanks for sharing.

Yvonne from Quilting Jetgirl said...

Oooh, this one is really bright and happy. I'm sure it's going to bring joy to the person who receives it.

Julierose said...

Lovely finish on your scrappy quilt--I am working with leftover strings and have a basket full of crumb-cut-offs to make a crumb quilt in the New Year--I love scrappy piecing, too...nice work hugs, Julierose

Sumac said...

nice quilt! great colors

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I love this! Makes me want to make another Scrap Vortex. How did you decide on the color combination? Were they scraps from a particular project? Beautiful finish, Cyndy!

Michelle said...

I love it! So fun and cheerful!

Elizabeth V Kelbaugh said...

Those were fabulous scrap bags of color. Love it. Fantastic quilt.

Susan said...

That is a great quilt! I love what the angles do to make it so interesting and break up the eye path. I wish I'd done more of that in my Vortex quilt, but to add it now would not give the effect yours has. Great colors!

The Joyful Quilter said...

Way to work through those scraps, Cynthia!

Anonymous said...

Love all this! Good size too.
Kathleen -- kakingsbury at verizon dot net

Linda Swanekamp said...

Oh, just love the scrappy goodness, coloration and textures. It is wonderful that it is big!

Mystic Quilter said...

Stunning is the only word right now.I love all that scrappiness.

Cathy said...

Oh, I love it! Lovely fabrics and color combination! Sure to bring tidings of comfort and joy to someone!

Linda @ kokaquilts said...

A super scrappy delight! I love this mix of colours, those darker bits give a strong sense of balance.

01 09 10