Sunday, December 4, 2022

Oh Scrap! : Module #5 Release

 Finally!

I have been working on the fifth module of my Scrap Mixology series for seems like forever.  I am pleased that I finally finished it and I am ready to share some of the lovely quilts I made with it.



The first quilt I finished using this pattern is this lovely on-point version using a bunch of Kaffe Fassett bits I had.  Some were in my scrap bins and some were leftovers from previous projects.




I called this pattern Chunky because the pieces are large.



The base block is ridiculously easy.  But the 16 page pattern reveals so many ways you can change the look of this block and shares some great ways to lay the blocks out.





I added in some flip corners to make this beauty.




I used some larger Kaffe Fassett cuts from my stash to make a colorful backing.





I quilted it with a freehand dense leaf pattern.  I really love the texture it gave the quilt.



It is hard to tell, but I actually had to use two different green background fabrics.  The tiny strips and the inset triangles on the edge are actually different fabrics.  Don't be afraid to find ways to use what you have - most of the time people rarely notice when things aren't perfect!


If you wish to purchase this pattern, it is available in both my Etsy shop and my Payhip Store.


I have three more quilts to share using this same pattern.  I will be revealing them over the next few weeks so stay tuned!

There is a Scrap Mixology Pattern for every type of scrap!


*********************************************

It is now your turn to share what you are making with scraps.  Here are the details for linking up: 

  • This linky party is for any scrappy project - It can be in-process or a finished piece.
  • You can link up your blog post (not your homepage please) or Instagram photo from the past week that features your use of scraps.
  • If you are linking to a blog post, I ask that you link back to my blog somewhere in your post. So if you are writing about scraps, just get into the habit of including a link as there will be a linky party available every week!
  • If you are using Instagram, please use the hashtag #ohscrap.
  • This is a party so remember to socialize and comment on the posts of others.
  • Following my blog is not necessary but it sure would be great if you do! 

Quilting is more fun than Housework



You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter




Linking Up:

Love Laugh Quilt (Monday Making)

23 comments:

Gretchen Weaver said...

Chunky looks so snuggly, I love the large blocks!

maggie fellow said...

beautiful - I can start this because, I already have the other modules already, so it isn't starting something new, technically.

Chantal said...

This one is a great quilt for so many reasons. With the added flipped corners, the block looks like a square flower. LOVE it! Congratulations, Cynthia. You got another winner on your hands. ;^)

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Oh, this is fun! It's amazing what you can do with such a simple block, and you've come up with some really interesting layouts. My Bloom top is next on the list to finish! Have a great Sunday, Cyndy!

Sylvia@Treadlestitches said...

Beautiful quilt! I'm amazed at all the great designs you come up with.

SueR said...

What a gorgeous quilt! I love the Kate Fassets—so bright and colorful! This looks like a fast and fun project to make. Well done!

SueR said...

The linkup attached to today’s post looks like an older one, is it?

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I think the quilt looks great with those big prints - just right for that design

Cathy said...

Oh, goodness! You turned such a simple block into a gorgeous quilt!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Oh I love it!!! The bright colors and the cool colorplay!!!

Yvonne from Quilting Jetgirl said...

Oooh, I love a pattern that can work with larger prints like this. Congratulations on your next Mixology release!

MissPat said...

This is a great block to highlight the large motif Kaffe fabrics. Interesting design from a simple base blck.
Pat

LA Paylor said...

wowza! that's so cool, colorful, movement, interesting lines! Well done
LeeAnna

Michelle said...

Gorgeous quilt! With a lot of Kaffe fabrics you really need big blocks to do justice to those amazing florals. What a fabulous finish!

TerryKnott.blogspot.com said...

A gorgeous finish! Congratulations on a fifth Mixology release! WOW! It is true about using multiple fabrics for backgrounds/sashings. . .your eye doesn't notice it and it is a great way to use what is on hand. Well done!

Ada Plouvier-Kopitopoulou said...

What a lovely quilt. Kaffe Fasset fabrics are gorgeous and the result is stunning. I love the pattern.

swooze said...

Gorgeous!

Libby in TN said...

So simple and yet so eye-catching. Another Cynthia winner!

Carol Andrews said...

Beautiful fun, bright quilt.

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

Yes, Kaffe prints with their beautiful florals deserve larger or chunkier block sizes. These are glorious in their own right, whatever way they get arranged.

Nann said...

The chunky flowers are a beautiful bouquet.

Bonnie said...

What an interesting quilt. I hopped over to see your other mixology quilts and then took a look at the patterns. All very cool. I especially like the idea of Wiggle -- I have a ridiculously large number of fat quarters and I keep adding to them. Have a great week.

Andree G. Faubert said...

Hi Cynthia, what a wonderful quilt! I'm looking forward to getting this next module. Thanks :-)

01 09 10