Wednesday, May 3, 2023

Made By Me

 Even though I have been busy putting together the blocks you send, I am still finding time to make some of my own quilts.  I enjoy having the tiny bit of variety.

Today I have three of my own finishes to share with you.


This first finish - I have shared some of the blocks previously on my blog.  After completing the first blue/brown block drive, I found myself with a lot of brown strings. - from backings or from leftover bindings.  So I decided to turn them into 16 patch blocks.

Once I ran out of brown scraps, I added in some green and some dark red from my scrap bins.  It was nice to see them gone!



I was gifted the brown flannel with the deer silhouette and knew instantly it would finish this quilt up nicely.  I think this quilt is a bit boring, but someone is going to love it.  It measures 56 x 64".



This next little quilt happened because I just didn't want to take the time to find a home for some John Deere fabric I received.  It was leftover from a quilt so there were scraps and a small bit of yardage.  I pulled some yellow and some black from my stash and got to designing a simple block that would work with the fabric I had.


This 45 x 54" little quilt has already been delivered to the hospital and has hopefully found a tractor loving kid needing a quilty hug.



And finally, Karen had added to her block package an assortment of patriotic fabrics in precut sizes.  I was instantly drawn to the 5" squares and decided to turn them into a simple patchwork quilt.  I looked through the scraps I had and cut a few more pieces - enough to make a quilt that measures 50 x 58".



Thanks to two generous quilters who each donated some of this flag fabric, I had enough for the backing.




I really loved how this one turned out.  It is so simple yet so bright and colorful.  Hopefully it will brighten someone's day!

So that's it....my little helper says I need to now go play with him for a bit.  The sun is shining and the outdoors is calling :)



9 comments:

Yvonne from Quilting Jetgirl said...

I'm glad you are still able to carve out time to make your own quilts, too. You are a busy quilter these days!!! :)

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I really like that first one you shared. I'm glad too that you have time to do some for yourself you are always so busy making for others

TerryKnott.blogspot.com said...

Those brown scraps sure worked well in the 16 patch quilt! I don't think it is boring at all! The John Deer fabric worked up into a very special quilt! The patriotic quilt is so colorful. It is amazing how simple squares worked up into such a happy finish! Well done!

karenbbsnow said...

All 3 are pretty special and sure to be loved. I love the 16 patch, it's kind of calming....and a great stash/scrap buster.

Kate said...

It always amazes me how fun a quilt made from simple squares is. All three quilts turned out beautifully. Congrats on all the scrap usage!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I love simple quilt designs - there's something so appealing about them! These are going to be so appreciated, Cyndy!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

THose are awesome!!! Love how that 16 patch came together!!!

thatfabricfeeling.wordpress.com said...

You are so industrious! I can't get over the energy you've got. I assume you have a long arm but even so....it's so inspiring to see what you can accomplish. I want to retire now and just sew and sew!!! Thanks for sharing and naturally I love all that you make.

Susan said...

Gorgeous, every one! You are doing such a good thing here. I'm glad you responded to the promptings of the spirit. So many of us get to help you, good for us, too. So many will benefit from the quilts. Good for everyone!

01 09 10