Sunday, May 28, 2023

Oh Scrap! : Hands2Help Finish

 I was up quite late last night finishing up the binding, but I did it!  I finished my Hands2Help Donation quilt just in time!



I think I started making these blocks back in December of last year.  The initial vision for the quilt was to only use rainbow-colored prints.  For months, the making of the blocks were few and far between.  I just didn't come across much of the right fabrics.   I soon found myself adding in striped fabrics.




I think in April, I had finished less than half of the amount of blocks I needed for my quilt.  The Hands2Help Challenge was the kick in the pants I needed to get this one across the finish line.

I also dropped the striped fabric requirement and just used whatever scraps I had.



It is a fun, bright, and happy quilt.  Perfect for donating to someone who needs a quilty hug. I was able to find a fun geometric print for the backing in my stash.  I usually send my H2H quilts to Mercyful Quilts or to Quilty Hugs, but this year I will just be adding this one to my stack of Compassion Quilts - where it will be bringing a smile to someone at the local hospital.




A HUGE thanks to Sarah over at Confessions of a Fabric Addict for hosting this event.  I have been participating for almost a decade.  If you want to see what quilts others are donating, check out her final link up which I think starts today!



*********************************************

It is now your turn to share what you are making with scraps.  Here are the details for linking up: 

  • This linky party is for any scrappy project - It can be in-process or a finished piece.
  • You can link up your blog post (not your homepage please) or Instagram photo from the past week that features your use of scraps.
  • If you are linking to a blog post, I ask that you link back to my blog somewhere in your post. So if you are writing about scraps, just get into the habit of including a link as there will be a linky party available every week!
  • If you are using Instagram, please use the hashtag #ohscrap.
  • This is a party so remember to socialize and comment on the posts of others.
  • Following my blog is not necessary but it sure would be great if you do! 
Quilting is more fun than Housework


You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter






Connecting Threads is having a Sitewide Sale right now.  Time to stock up on backings, batting, thread, and background fabrics.


11 comments:

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

That is definitely bright, happy, and perfect for a donation quilt! I think you should get a prize for all the quilts you've made for your compassion quilt drive already this year - you're amazing! Happy Sunday!

Chantal said...

I would be thrilled to be the recipient of such a cheerful quilt. Well done! Bless your generous heart. ;^)

The Joyful Quilter said...

Perfect addition to your stack of Compassion Quilts headed for your local hospital, Cynthia!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Oh that is a happy great finish!! I like the addition of stripes!!!

Linda Swanekamp said...

It is a wonderful hug of a quilt! It is snappy, cozy and cheerful. Congrats for the finish!

TerryKnott.blogspot.com said...

I like that you added some striped fabrics and then added scrappy fabrics to make enough blocks. The overall look of the quilt sure is enhanced with the variety of scraps. It will be loved!

Bonnie said...

That is a simple quilt that is really stunning. I like the bright colors in it I sent off some Churn Dashes to you on Friday... Always happy to make blocks I don't have to make into a quilt. LOL

Rebecca Grace said...

Lovely finish, Cynthia! You know, that has happened to me with every single scrappy quilt -- not having enough of the sort of fabric I thought I'd be using at the beginning, or getting bored within a too-restricted scrap palette, and having to expand the boundaries and end up with a somewhat different quilt than I thought I was making when I started. It's all good!

Kathleen said...

Thats a great finish and so glad it is part of the Hands 2 Help drive. I love seeing all the beauties created and donated for it! Each year is totally amazing!

Mystic Quilter said...

Oh nice finish with the 16 patch - always a winner I think.

Carol Andrews said...

What a lovely quilt Cynthia. It is sure to bring a smile to the recipient’s face.

01 09 10