Tuesday, May 30, 2023

Churn Dash Quilts #18 and #19

 I can't take much of the credit for these two finishes.  These two quilt tops were made by Gail and sent to me as a kit with backings and prepared bindings.  All I had to do was quilt it up and sew the binding!




Just when I think there really can't be too many more layouts for these blocks, Gail's quilts show up and I fall in love with how she put these tops together.  In this layout, she used the four patches to make an alternate block to the large Churn Dash.


She also used four patches to make an outer border. I love how scrappy this one is!

This quilt measures 72 x 72".


Then there is this layout - which is just the polar opposite.  Large Churn Dash blocks are sashed and bordered with the same white solid fabric.




I also have to mention that Gail sends the best backings.  I know she bought the above Smashing Atoms wide backing from Connecting Threads. It is such an amazing print and comes in a few different colorways.

This quilt measures 60 x 74'.

You will someday be seeing more of Gail's clever layouts.  She has sent in an amazing four more Churn Dash kits AND two kits made using my Two Bits pattern.  I just have to find the time to quilt them!

This Friday I have more quilt tops made by others to share.  I have one more quilt I want to feature and I hope to finish the binding tonight.

The Compassion Quilt pipeline is really flowing now!


2 comments:

Yvonne from Quilting Jetgirl said...

Wow, I love how different the two quilt tops are. How fantastic that they were sent to you so easy to finish off!

thatfabricfeeling.wordpress.com said...

Amazing!! I haven't been able to keep up with all your churn dash finishes. Gail has been very busy and is clearly a stellar helper! Thanks Gail. I look forward to seeing all your finishes. I have some stuff I"m working on that may get to you eventually. I'm slow and not nearly as speedy as you amazing charity gals!!!

01 09 10