Tuesday, June 13, 2023

Churn Dash Quilts #23 and #24

 I have a couple special quilts to share today.  

They are special because all I had to do was quilt them!  

Gail is so generous and not only makes a ton of blocks but she also sews them into tops and then sends them to me with backings and prepared bindings.  I love seeing how she puts her blocks together.


 
How awesome is this layout!  I love how she used he 4 patches for sashing.  It gives this quilt such a scrappy feel.  And you know I love scrappy! 


 
On the back, is a mottled RWB fabric.  She always sends extra wide backing - they are so easy for me to quilt up.  This quilt measures 60 x 78".
 

 
Speaking of scrappy - check out this layout.  All 4 patches with a giant 18" Churn Dash block - with a fun 6" block in the center.


 
This kit came with a fun red fabric for the backing.  It really shows off the quilting.
This quilt measures 60 x 72. 

Thanks so much Gail!
 


6 comments:

TerryKnott.blogspot.com said...

Gail is a master! Wow! those quilts just sing with happiness! Your quilting looks terrific on number 24!

Michelle at https://mybijoulifeonline.com said...

Both of these are fabulous! The 18” churn dash with scrappy squares is so unique and fun.

Yvonne from Quilting Jetgirl said...

Wow, that's fantastic. And I love the alternating spiral and square spiral quilting motif on the scrappy 4 patch version.

thatfabricfeeling.wordpress.com said...

I love Gail's quilt. Wow, it's a real beauty for sure.Well done Gail!!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Gosh these are so great as well = I have loved seeing all the variations of tops you have from these awesome Churn Dashs!!!

The Joyful Quilter said...

Such a generous contribution, Gail. LOVE that double star in a sea of 4-Patch blocks. Great work finishing these quilts for the Compassion Quilt program, Cynthia!

01 09 10