Friday, June 16, 2023

The Final Churn Dash Quilts #25 and #26

 Here they are...the last two Churn Dash quilts of 2023!



I really like this charming layout.  It is made from just the smaller 6" churn dash blocks and some 4 patches.  This is another kit sent in from Gail.  All I had to do was quilt it - she made the top and included the backing and binding.

I am really impressed with the depth of her fabric/scrap collection.



Another great wide backing on this quilt. 
Quilt #25 measures 66 x 78.



So let's finish off this drive with a spectacular layout design.  Quilt #26 is made with these framed little churn dash blocks.  Aren't they adorable?  This one is another kit sent in by Gail.



I found the way she framed them really clever.  She used 6 fabrics to frame each block.  It is a great way to use up the tiniest of scraps!

This quilt measures 64 x 72.



One of my favorite wide fabrics from Connecting Threads is on the back of this one. (They have three different colorways.)

I never would have thought I would be quilting up 26 Churn Dash quilts for this block drive.  
That is amazing....

Blocks have started arriving for the new block drive and I have already put together a couple quilt tops.  I hope to start sharing those soon.  
It will be fun to see how many quilts we will end up with for that one!

I am hoping to have all the statistics on the Churn Dash block drive posted up next week!






7 comments:

Kate said...

Wow! Gail does get a lot done! The last 4 churn dash quilts are really cool. She has some great ideas for scrappy settings. Congrats on finishing off the last 4. That has to fee good.

Cheryl said...

Gail is amazing! You two make a great team.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Twenty-six churn dash quilts is definitely amazing! I think Gail must have a great stash of red, white, and blue prints - she's come up with some beautiful tops. I know these are really going to appreciated by their recipients!

Yvonne from Quilting Jetgirl said...

Wow, congratulations for wrapping up this block drive. 26 quilts is really astounding. Gail is amazing and gave you some really beautiful widebacks to compliment her fantastic piecing work.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Congratulations on a super successful block drive! You and Gail did some great teamwork on these two, Cynthia. LOVE her unique quilt layouts!!

TerryKnott.blogspot.com said...

Those quilts are beautiful! Now. . .of all 26. . .I can't even decide which is my favorite! Both of these could vie for the top spot though. Gail is amazing!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Whew!!! Every single one of these quilts has been gorgeous!!!!

01 09 10