Wednesday, June 28, 2023

Compassion Quilt Tops by Others

 I have been busily sewing together the Color Stix blocks into quilt tops.  But before I load them on my longarm, I wanted to squeeze in a few quilt tops donated by others.


This is another top sent in by Becky.  I really like this quilt design.  

It measures 52 x 66.



I had a hard time finding a backing for it in my stash but my friend had an older stripe that worked perfectly.  I was able to use the leftovers for the binding so there was no waste!



This sweet little quilt was sent in by Karen.  I think it was one of her Hands2Help contributions.  It is unfortunate I couldn't get a good photo.



She also sent in this sweet pink heart fabric.  It was a little small for my machine but I made it work.  I quilted in some fun daisies.  This one will be going to the pediatric center.

This Friday I hope to share some quilts made from the current block drive.  
 They are turning out so great!





5 comments:

Yvonne from Quilting Jetgirl said...

I love how the stars float into the border in Becky's quilt, and hooray for being able to make Karen's quilt work on your longarm without much extra overage on the backing.

TerryKnott.blogspot.com said...

The "found stripe backing was perfect! What nice contributions to the cause!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I really like that quilt with the bright stars in it

thatfabricfeeling.wordpress.com said...

Beautiful!! You are having a busy summer!

The Joyful Quilter said...

Those both turned out great, Cynthia! SEW sweet of those generous contributors to share their quilt tops with your Compassion Quilt program!

01 09 10