Sunday, June 25, 2023

Oh Scrap! : Playing With Solids

 Whaa should a girl do when she already has too much on her plate?

Start another project!




I am swimming in solid scraps right now.  In fact, months ago, I started pulling solid scraps from my scrap bins to put into their own separate bag so my scraps aren't quite so overflowing!

I decided to start some new improv blocks using some of them.  I am actually using them as a leader/ender project.  They are 8.5" square.

Not sure how many blocks I will make.  I am working on more blue ones right now and I think I am going to move on to purple then.

Why not :)


*********************************************

It is now your turn to share what you are making with scraps.  Here are the details for linking up: 

  • This linky party is for any scrappy project - It can be in-process or a finished piece.
  • You can link up your blog post (not your homepage please) or Instagram photo from the past week that features your use of scraps.
  • If you are linking to a blog post, I ask that you link back to my blog somewhere in your post. So if you are writing about scraps, just get into the habit of including a link as there will be a linky party available every week!
  • If you are using Instagram, please use the hashtag #ohscrap.
  • This is a party so remember to socialize and comment on the posts of others.
  • Following my blog is not necessary but it sure would be great if you do! 

Quilting is more fun than Housework


You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter


Follow Me on Bloglovin'                 Follow Me on Feedly


12 comments:

Michelle at https://mybijoulifeonline.com said...

Beautiful! And so cheerful!

Chantal said...

Why not indeed? We start new projects just because we can and that's reason enough, well for me anyway, haha. So, go for it and have fun. It looks like an easy project to do. Enjoy! ;^)

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I bet you just needed a change from red, white, and blue! Those look like lots of fun. Do you have a special ruler for them or are you just squaring them up when you get to a certain size? Have a great Sunday, Cyndy!

Vicki in MN said...

Sure why not start another project-I think most of us are in that boat with you! I love the new blocks, fun and colorful.

Nancy @ Grace and Peace Quilting said...

Love the variety of shapes! Great way to use up solids--divide and conquer!

LA Paylor said...

oh don't those look great! I hardly ever work with solids but they are so graphic
LeeAnna

JanineMarie said...

OOh, a lovely bouquet of roses!

berylthepearl said...

Those are pretty and look like fun to create. Can you tell us how you get started on this?

TerryKnott.blogspot.com said...

Those improve blocks are awesome. I like how you've mixed the colors. . .it makes for interesting blocks!

thatfabricfeeling.wordpress.com said...

That is looking gorgeous. I wish I could hold back from prints and just own solids. They come out so crisp and modern looking. Alas, I'm a sucker for a print, floral, novelty or whatever! Well done and a girl can have some fun in the midst of work!

cityquilter grace said...

oooh (squeal squeal) i love these blocks and i love working with solids as well...have a wire drawer jam packed with scraps for playing at some point...very very nice

Claire said...

I really like working with similar colors in scrap blocks. These look great. I also like color schemes that use related colors, so this one is really promising. Purple will fit right in.

01 09 10