Saturday, July 1, 2023

Color Stix #2

 I am a little late posting today - so sorry about that.

I have a big custom client quilt on my longarm and it is taking a LOT longer than I thought it would.  Ugh!! That has kind of messed up my week a bit.

When I shared Color Stix #1, I showed how I was inspired by an orphan block that was sent to me.  I thought I would dig through my own orphan blocks and see if I had any others I could use.  As I was stacking up a little pile, I remembered a panel piece I had been gifted.

Once I pulled it out, I realized it was perfect for few couple reasons...


This little vintage piece was around 14" square - so I knew I could frame it up to fit among the blocks.

It was blue (and I had a LOT of blue blocks to use!)

Also, there was a cat on it.


That meant I could use the big piece of cat fabric I had.  I was fearful it would never find a home!



I think this quilt turned out awesome and someone who loves cats is going to love it.

This quilt measures 54 x 63.



I also finally finished up this patchwork Veteran's quilt made from the smaller pieces of patriotic fabric I had.  They are a little hard to see but I also made some 4 patches from some smaller scraps I didn't want to go to waste.



The 26 Veteran quilts I finished for the last block drive decimated my backings but Suzanne came to the rescue and sent in three for me to use.  I was able to use the solid blue piece on the back of this quilt.  I used a variegated blue thread for the quilting - it really looks cool on the solid blue.



The blocks for this quilt drive are really easy and you can still donate blocks if you like.  You can read more about it on this post.

I should start sharing more of the Color Stix finishes a little faster soon.  It takes a bit for the pipeline to get started.  Plus, I had to buy more thread and a couple bolts of batting. Yikes!


(Push the Publish button, you nuthead! Now I am really late posting!!)

4 comments:

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

That is pretty in all the blues, and I love the panel square in the center! A quilt to dream under. Hope the customer quilt finishes up soon!

TerryKnott.blogspot.com said...

That vintage piece was PERFECT! I too hope that customer quilt is a finish soon.

MissPat said...

I have blocks in progress. Had to break to get a baby quilt finished. You certainly do make every scrap fit in somewhere.
Pat

thatfabricfeeling.wordpress.com said...

That Orphan block is the perfect touch for the blue quilt. I'm liking your style with these...color coordinated with a little punch. It's amazing how a simple block goes a long way. Love the patriotic quilt too. I've got some scrappy string blocks that I'm going to send you. I know you'll work your magic, as you always do.

01 09 10