Sunday, July 23, 2023

Rail Fence Finish #16

 I have been wanting to get back to this quilt and I finally had the chance.

When I finished the first Compassion Quilt block drive, I ended up with a handful of rail fence blocks.  I was always planning on getting them into a quilt but I needed to steal some scraps from a friend.  Finally, we sewed together a few weeks ago and I was able to dig through her brown and teal scraps and pull enough to get these last few blocks into a quilt.



It is not very big (40" square) but I don't like blocks to go to waste and I doubt we will be repeating this block drive in these colors.  It will be perfect for someone.

(Yep!  I have a turned block in there.  I saw it just before I quilted it but to me, it just adds to the charm. At least, that is my story and I am sticking to it!)



Some of you have expressed the wish that you lived closer to me.  Maybe not...I stole this teal backing and bindng fabric from another friend.  I know their stash almost as well as I know my own.  I tend to make myself at home around other people's fabric and if it is piece I doubt they will ever use, I nab it. (With their permission of course.)

The teal backing really shows off the fun quilting.

I am so happy to have this 16th quilt completed.  If you want to read back on this first block drive, you can check out the "roundup" here.

I hope you share your scrap quilting this week!


*********************************************

It is now your turn to share what you are making with scraps.  Here are the details for linking up: 

  • This linky party is for any scrappy project - It can be in-process or a finished piece.
  • You can link up your blog post (not your homepage please) or Instagram photo from the past week that features your use of scraps.
  • If you are linking to a blog post, I ask that you link back to my blog somewhere in your post. So if you are writing about scraps, just get into the habit of including a link as there will be a linky party available every week!
  • If you are using Instagram, please use the hashtag #ohscrap.
  • This is a party so remember to socialize and comment on the posts of others.
  • Following my blog is not necessary but it sure would be great if you do! 
Quilting is more fun than Housework


You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter





Are you wanting a bigger Go! system?  AccuQuilt now has the Trade Up & Go upgrade program.  You can follow this link to check it out.





10 comments:

Gretchen Weaver said...

This little quilt is very pretty. I understand completely about not wanting blocks laying around unused. Happy stitching!

Chantal said...

I don't care. I still would like to live close to you. And you can grab, steal, nab fabrics from my stash any day, lol. I love this little quilt. Great job, Cynthia. ;^)

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

That's a pretty one! I love that you can find usable chunks of material in friends' stashes - makes me wonder what you could find in mine! Have a great Sunday, Cyndy!

Mary Says Sew! said...

Love it! So simple and so effective! And would work with so many fabric styles. Thank you for sharing this one and all your other quilts.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Antoher great one!!!

Jenny said...

Who would have thought that brown and teal would look so pretty together!

Andree G. Faubert said...

Hi Cynthia, I just love those colours! Thanks for the linking party.

Yvonne from Quilting Jetgirl said...

I think your friends get as much joy from gifting their stash to you as you do in putting their stash to good use. Win win!!

Couponsheaven said...

Hey, quilting rockstar! Your 'Rail Fence' is simply adorable! The way the colors play together is like a symphony of cuteness. I'm totally blown away by your quilting prowess! This quilt looks like a big, warm hug from a dear friend. You've got such a knack for creating heartwarming masterpieces, and I'm so grateful you shared this one with us. Keep shining bright with your incredible quilting skills!"

Nann said...

If that's theft, you're welcome to visit me any time. The colorway for this rail fence looks as though you'd planned it that way all along.

01 09 10