Sunday, July 16, 2023

Oh Scrap! : More Improv

 I feel like I accomplished something this week!




I finished up the last 5 blocks I need for my Improv project.  



Here are all 25 blocks.  I need to settle on a background fabric, and I can start planning a layout.  The blocks are 8.5" square.

These scrappy blocks didn't make a big dent in my scraps but I can at least get the bin back on the shelf.

Hopefully this next week I will be able to get out my red scraps and finish up some RSC blocks.


Now it is time for you to share what scrappy projects you worked on this week!


*********************************************

It is now your turn to share what you are making with scraps.  Here are the details for linking up: 

  • This linky party is for any scrappy project - It can be in-process or a finished piece.
  • You can link up your blog post (not your homepage please) or Instagram photo from the past week that features your use of scraps.
  • If you are linking to a blog post, I ask that you link back to my blog somewhere in your post. So if you are writing about scraps, just get into the habit of including a link as there will be a linky party available every week!
  • If you are using Instagram, please use the hashtag #ohscrap.
  • This is a party so remember to socialize and comment on the posts of others.
  • Following my blog is not necessary but it sure would be great if you do! 

Quilting is more fun than Housework



You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter





Accuquilt Dynamic Promo


8 comments:

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Those are looking fun! I love the movement of color that you have going on there. That took some planning! I'll enjoy seeing what you do with them nex. Have a great Sunday, Cyndy!

Sylvia@Treadlestitches said...

Great color in the improv blocks! Isn't it amazing what wonderful quilts can be made when using up scraps? Yours will be terrific.

Kate said...

Really like how you transition from one color to another in those blocks. Those are going to make a very fun quilt.

Chantal said...

Wow! I was intrigued by your blocks but the waiting was worth it. I love what you did! Great job! ;^)

TerryKnott.blogspot.com said...

Wow! I'm loving how these blocks are playing together! You really are a master at creating beautiful quilts from bits and pieces!

berylthepearl said...

These are really lovely. Every time I look at yours it reminds me I wanted to try your method. What will you do with background fabric…sashing? Really awesome

Yvonne from Quilting Jetgirl said...

The color flow from row to row is really lovely!

The Joyful Quilter said...

Kudos for using enough of the scraps to get the bin back on the shelf, Cynthia!! Looking forward to seeing this one come together.

01 09 10