Friday, July 14, 2023

Monochromatic Stix Quilts # 5 and #6

Due to a wrist injury, I have had to shorten the time I have been sewing bindings on these Compassion Quilts.  Luckily a few of my awesome friends have stepped up.

But I did get these two finished so I could share them today!



Lots of blue Stix blocks have been received.  



I am still focused on using some of these donated backings.  It is an easy finish just to grab a blue backing (this one is flannel) and match it with a bunch of blue blocks.

This quilt measures 54 x 63".



I did the same thing with a bunch of purple blocks.

This one also measures 54 x 63".



I think Nann sent me this purple fern fabric.  It worked great with all of these lovely purple blocks.

Both of these quilts also used one of the prepared bindings by Gail.  It is so nice not to have to track down a fabric that is big enough.



I did finally run out of batting so I had to order three giant rolls.  This is probably my biggest out of pocket expense for these quilts.  I did get a request to start a GoFundMe if that is how you want to help.

A huge thanks to all of you who are donating blocks, sending fabric or even just cheering from the sidelines. I really do appreciate all the support!

I think a couple packages of blocks are coming this weekend.  

It is always fun to see what arrives!




8 comments:

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Ohhh LOVE LOVE LOVE the monochromatic looks!!! They are just beautiful!!
What a great way to accomplish these - with friends!! go yoU!!!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Those are pretty in the blues and purples! You're amazing to just keep going and going on these quilts. I'm sorry to hear about your wrist, though. Wish I was close enough to sew some binding for you!

Carolyn said...

Those monochromatic quilts are awesome! I love the pattern and the colors, and they look like they would be fast to make.

TerryKnott.blogspot.com said...

That blue backing looks like it was the inspiration behind stitching the blue blocks! I like the purple quilt too. Who knew the monochromatic style would be so pleasing to the eye!!!

karenbbsnow said...

Loving the monochromatic quilts!!

Kate said...

Both quilts turned out beautifully! Hope your wrist is getting better, that's a bummer when you really have things to do.

Yvonne from Quilting Jetgirl said...

The monochromatic quilts are fantastic. I'm so glad you are getting help with the binding, and hooray for the GoFundMe (I'm so happy I could contribute that way) and all the fresh batting!

The Joyful Quilter said...

Such a lovely collection of blocks, Cynthia. You did a great job setting them together and finishing up these two! Here's hoping your wrist is better soon.

01 09 10