Tuesday, September 26, 2023

Another Quilty Hug

 I finished another quilt from the lovely tops sent in by Becky.  

I just love how the colors in this one seems to glow.


I don't know the name of this pattern, but the block is really simple, and it would sure make a great scrap pattern.



I pulled a fabric from my stash for the backing that I thought worked really well.  I really wanted the binding to be that weird yellow/green so I hit my friend up who I knew would have something.

This quilt will definitely make someone's day better!




7 comments:

TerryKnott.blogspot.com said...

What a day brightener that quilt is! Love the binding choice!

Gretchen Weaver said...

This is a great quilt, so bright and happy! She looks like a good one to snuggle in, it is going to make someone very happy.

Chantal said...

That's a great easy quilt to do. Perfect for a beginner or for scrap busters. Love it. The binding is perfect. It matches the yellow-green from the top. Well done! ;^)

Holly in Indina said...

This would be a good compassion quilt project. We can copy this easily and stick to a certain color palette.

CinderGal said...

Jenny Doan has a tutorial on this pattern called “Two Step”. I just finished a top using this pattern adding two more sets of strips. Mine’s very scrappy.

Yvonne from Quilting Jetgirl said...

That's a lot of really lovely Alison Glass prints to have donated! I'm sure it's brightness will cheer up its recipient.

Nann said...

Your quilting does great justice to Becky's interesting design (which I am going to try to remember). When will you start on the Happy Blocks?

01 09 10