Friday, September 29, 2023

Happy Block Quilts # 2 and #3

 The Happy Block quilt pipeline is filling up and I should soon be sharing very regularly all the fun quilts I am making using your donated blocks.

I have quilts #2 and #3 for you today.


First up is Happy Zoo.  I received a bunch of cute animal blocks and at first it was going to be Happy Safari but I realized I needed to use alligator and panda blocks to have enough for the quilt.


All the blocks look so cute together!


How adorable is this back.  I lost track of who gave me that fun tiger fabric but I knew it would look great with the leftover tiger striped fabric I used in the last block drive.

Happy Quilt number 2 measures 40" x 48".

How cute is this Happy Dog quilt?  This one is Happy Quilt #3.


I received about a yard of the colorful dog fabric and thought it would make some fun vertical sashing.  Before I cut it, I did a little quilt math to be sure I left enough fabric for the binding.


Karen donated this bright red dalmatian fabric.  It wasn't quite wide enough but I knew I had some B/W dalmatian dots in my stash.

This dog quilt measure 45" x 56".  I am sure I will have enough blocks for a second dog quilt - I will try and make that one a bit bigger.  As a dog lover, I would love a dog quilt even though I am an adult.

So many fun blocks are coming in daily.  The floor of my sewing room is covered with stacks of various themed blocks.  This drive takes a lot more space and organization than previous drives - but the quilts all make me smile as they get done!

A big thanks to all who have donated!

(If you want to read more about this block drive, you can go to the Compassion Quilt page.)



4 comments:

Yvonne from Quilting Jetgirl said...

Oooh, I was wondering how the blocks would be grouped together. Great themes and quilts for #2 and #3!

MissPat said...

You are going to have so much fun with this block drive. I think I spied one of my blocks. I forgot to take photos of my blocks before I sent them.
Pat

thatfabricfeeling.wordpress.com said...

Adorable!! I've been busy with work and haven't even made more than 4 but it seems you've got many helpers already! Cynthia, these are adorable and so colorful! Well done and what fun you must be having!!

Nann said...

It's fun to find blocks I made in these cheerful assortments.

01 09 10