Sunday, September 24, 2023

Oh Scrap! : New RSC Block

 Now that I put all my RSC blocks into a quilt top, I decided to go ahead and start a new Rainbow Scrap Challenge project.

The color for September is aqua (I am including turquoise and teal in that).  I have a bunch of 3.5" nine-patches that I have been making from small bits.  I pulled out any of them that had aqua and decided to start with those.  I used my Two-Bits Scrap Mixology pattern to make these five 10.5" blocks.

I am hoping this project will keep me focused on using my scraps.  My bins continue to fill as leftovers from Compassion Quilts go in there.  Pretty much all of them are overflowing!

Time for you to share what you are doing with your scraps!


*********************************************

It is now your turn to share what you are making with scraps.  Here are the details for linking up: 

  • This linky party is for any scrappy project - It can be in-process or a finished piece.
  • You can link up your blog post (not your homepage please) or Instagram photo from the past week that features your use of scraps.
  • If you are linking to a blog post, I ask that you link back to my blog somewhere in your post. So if you are writing about scraps, just get into the habit of including a link as there will be a linky party available every week!
  • If you are using Instagram, please use the hashtag #ohscrap.
  • This is a party so remember to socialize and comment on the posts of others.
  • Following my blog is not necessary but it sure would be great if you do! 

Quilting is more fun than Housework



You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter





Hey, if you feel like doing a little spending, Connecting Threads is having their Summer Sale.


7 comments:

Cathy said...

Oh, I like that block! I might have to make some. I have a lot of little Nine Patches left over from long long ago swaps. Thanks for the inspiration!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Those are such great blocks! It's fun to look at each one individually and see all the great scraps. I don't think I left a comment on your Friday post, but I loved that cute Happy Block quilt, too - that handprint fabric is awesome! It reminded me to get back to my happy blocks. Happy Sunday, Cyndy!

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

Oh I love the look of these new scrappy blocks. Very enticing but I can't look too closely. You will enjoy making these I just know and I will enjoy seeing the results.

Rebecca Grace said...

I love your log cabin blocks with little 9-patch centers, Cynthia! Are they still considered a type of log cabin when the logs only go on two sides? Second-guessing myself now...

Bonnie said...

Keeping the scrap bins under control is a never ending battle. On the other hand, throwing the scraps away just doesn't feel right to me. Your new project is great. You have a lot of variety in your turquoise, teal and aqua scraps. I finally started working on my turquoise, etc. scraps. Hope you make some sort of dent in your scrap collection.

Sylvia@Treadlestitches said...

Nice new project! Wait, are we supposed to keep the scraps under control? Mine are taking over! Thanks as always for Oh Scrap, this is such a fun party.

QuiltGranma said...

Great inspiration there for expanding 9 patches. Love your colors.

01 09 10