Sunday, October 1, 2023

Oh Scrap! : Forward Progress

 I didn't pull anything out of my scrap bins this week but I did get out my scrappy improv blocks and start putting together the top.  That is forward progress!



I knew months ago I wanted to put these blocks on point.  My hesitation was whether I wanted sashing or not.  I finally decided this weekend I wanted to just squish these blocks all together.  I almost finished sewing the rows on Saturday.  Hopefully by the end of the week it will be all sewn together.

I should make one in warm colors - I certainly have enough solid scraps to do so!

Looking forward to seeing how you used your scraps this week.


*********************************************

It is now your turn to share what you are making with scraps.  Here are the details for linking up: 

  • This linky party is for any scrappy project - It can be in-process or a finished piece.
  • You can link up your blog post (not your homepage please) or Instagram photo from the past week that features your use of scraps.
  • If you are linking to a blog post, I ask that you link back to my blog somewhere in your post. So if you are writing about scraps, just get into the habit of including a link as there will be a linky party available every week!
  • If you are using Instagram, please use the hashtag #ohscrap.
  • This is a party so remember to socialize and comment on the posts of others.
  • Following my blog is not necessary but it sure would be great if you do! 

Quilting is more fun than Housework


You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter


10 comments:

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

That is fun, Cyndy! I love the way the color flows from top to bottom. This is going to turn into a beautiful quilt! Have a great Sunday!

Preeti said...

I am loving how your moody garden is coming together, much like fall roses!

Yvonne from Quilting Jetgirl said...

Putting the blocks together without sashing really lets the color flow you incorporated work its magic. Looks great!

LA Paylor said...

yes! yes yes yes!
this is so good on point, no sashing. The color use shines, and the repeating lines are so modern and graphic. A piece of modern art for sure. Good choices
LeeAnna

Bernie Kringel said...

This looks like a bouquet of flowers. It is very unique - super pretty!!

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

Squished together and on point...perfect!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

That is so cool looking!!!

Kat said...

This is going to look amazing!

TerryKnott.blogspot.com said...

Wow! Beautiful progress! I love the way which you incorporated the color change. . .The change looks so natural! This is going to be one gorgeous quilt!

Nann said...

What a stunning "bouquet"! You're right: no sashing needed.

01 09 10