Friday, October 6, 2023

Three Happy Block Finishes

 The pipeline of Happy Block Quilts is flowing fast now.  

Today I have three finishes to share with you!


With an inventory of a LOT of blocks, I am able to find blocks to fit just about any theme.  And how am I currently determining that theme?  Right now, it has to do with what backing materials I have.

With Winter coming quickly, I am trying to use up any flannel pieces I have.  
So Quilt #4 is Happy Farm.



Dorothy (who used to own a quilt shop) sent me a huge box full of large cuts of fabric.  One of the flannels she sent was this fun farm animal themed piece.  So I made the quilt just the right size for the piece of fabric I had.  This fun little quilt measures 40 x 48"



I see a lot of fun prints but this one is too hilarious not to share.  Silly farm animals driving tractors - I recently received another block in a different colorway.  It is a good thing I never saw this fabric.  I would have bought far too much!  I laugh every time I see it.


Quilt #5 was also built around a backing.  I received a bunch of butterfly blocks early in the drive.  So I made a small Happy Butterly quilt.



I knew my friend Penny had given me some scrap butterfly fabric (along with some other soft pink pieces) so I used them as the inspiration for this quilt.  It measures 40 x 48" also.



Quilt # 6 is rather small.  It measures just 32 x 40".  It has all sorts of fun dog prints in it.




It was inspired by a piece of Paw Patrol fleece sent in by Kelly and her sister.  It was a nice thick fleece so I didn't quilt in any batting.  Some Paw Patrol fan is going to be very happy with this little quilt.

I still have a few more flannel and a fleece or two that I am trying to get used so the quilts get distributed in the winter.  I am also focusing on making some larger quilts for bigger kids.  There is sure a lot of planning that goes into making these quilts!

I am so happy a friend is coming by today to help me sew up a bunch of blocks.  I so appreciate my local elves that assist me in getting these quilts over the finish line!

Thanks to all who have contributed - these Happy Blocks are making some really cute quilts!




4 comments:

Yvonne from Quilting Jetgirl said...

Oh goodness, the farm animals driving tractors print is fabulous; thanks for the close up! These quilts are super delightful and I love how you are able to create themes around backing prints. They are sure to be big hits when they are gifted!

TerryKnott.blogspot.com said...

Cute themes. . .love the bitty paw patrol! All the quilts will be loved!

Nann said...


They look great, Cynthia!

Jenny said...

You are doing a wonderful job putting these cute blocks together. I love Happy Blocks, and stitch them myself for children's donation quilt.

01 09 10