Tuesday, October 3, 2023

A Couple of Easy Finishes

 I do enjoy putting together all the blocks you send into fun quilts.  I also like the hunt for just the right backing when you send me quilt tops.  But when I am up to my eyeballs in blocks and tops, getting an already finished quilt makes me so happy!

You can imagine the happy dance I did when I recently saw two in a box sent by Sue.



This one is so sweet and peaceful.  Perfect choice for a Compassion Quilt.



I first saw the back on this quilt and I thought Sue had done a bunch of scrapy piecing for her top.  But then I realized that it was the printed design of the fabric.

Her serpentine quilting was a perfect choice for this one.
The quilt measures 48 x 65"



This quilt by Sue has inspired me to add house blocks to my block drive list.  I really love the whimsical feel of this quilt.




The backing is really fun too!

This quilt measures 42 x 58"



I also did a happy dance when I saw I was dropped shipped this whole bolt of lovely blue fabric.  I don't know who shipped it...there was no paperwork. But I sure appreciate it.  

I will be able to use the heck out of it!!

A Huge thanks to all who have contributed in so many varying ways.


(Friday I will have more Happy Block quilts to share.)




5 comments:

Yvonne from Quilting Jetgirl said...

The house block is super cute and a great one to put on the list for a block drive! And wow, a whole bolt of lovely blue backing fabric; that's a great surprise and wonderful gift. Looks like you've been having lots of great happy mail. :)

karenbbsnow said...

They are both adorable. The colours on the first one are so calming and sweet, the house quilt is super fun.

TerryKnott.blogspot.com said...

The house block quilt is so bright and happy. What a gift. . .a whole bolt of blue!

Nann said...

Houses would be great group blocks. Do you know Sue's design source? (I'm coordinating quilts for next year's ALA auction.)

Cindy B said...

Yes to the House block! Never met one I did not like!!!!! I love this quilt!

01 09 10