Sunday, October 8, 2023

Oh Scrap! : Brown

 I felt like doing a little scrap sewing this weekend so I pulled out my brown scraps.  They don't get very much attention from me.




The Rainbow Scrap Challenge color for October is Light Neutrals.  I decided for me that meant brown.  I pulled four mini 9 patches from my spare parts box and made some quick Two Bits blocks. I am really pleased with how they turned out (even though they are brown).  They didn't make a dent in my scrap bin but at least I felt like I tried!


*********************************************

It is now your turn to share what you are making with scraps.  Here are the details for linking up: 

  • This linky party is for any scrappy project - It can be in-process or a finished piece.
  • You can link up your blog post (not your homepage please) or Instagram photo from the past week that features your use of scraps.
  • If you are linking to a blog post, I ask that you link back to my blog somewhere in your post. So if you are writing about scraps, just get into the habit of including a link as there will be a linky party available every week!
  • If you are using Instagram, please use the hashtag #ohscrap.
  • This is a party so remember to socialize and comment on the posts of others.
  • Following my blog is not necessary but it sure would be great if you do! 

Quilting is more fun than Housework





You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter






Accuquilt Dynamic Promo

7 comments:

Julie in GA said...

You have some fun brown prints!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I love your browns - you have some pretty ones! It's always fun to see everyone else's scraps. I don't have much in the brown pile! Have a great Sunday, Cyndy!

Sylvia@Treadlestitches said...

Nice blocks! I really like brown. It makes me think of fall. And chocolate!

TerryKnott.blogspot.com said...

Your. brown two bits blocks were the perfect choice for the neutral RSC color of the month. Those blocks are gorgeous!

JanineMarie said...

I love your brown blocks and all the autumn feels they give. I have a whole drawer full of brown that I sewed with way back (‘80s?) Now I know how good they could look in a quilt of their own.

ChezVies said...

beautiful blocks!

The Joyful Quilter said...

Way to jump on board the Light NEUTRAL train... even though we KNOW that brown isn't your favorite color!! :o)

01 09 10