Wednesday, December 20, 2023

A Few More Finishes

I am still working diligently to get all the Happy Blocks I received into quilts.  But I am also working on a number of other quilts to ensure a nice mix of quilts when I make a delivery.

All deliveries for 2023 are completed and the first delivery of 2024 is the first week of the new year.  This delivery is to the hospital so a nice mix of all types of quilts needs to be finished.



I am still working on completing any quilt that I can that either is made of flannel or has flannel/fleece on the back. I sewed up this sweet little flannel patchwork quilt using more of the squares sent in by Wendy and her quilt guild.

This soft and snuggly quilt measures 44 x 56".


A local friend cleaned out her stash and gave me a bunch of yardage she knew she would never use.  One was this dotty flannel piece.  It worked perfectly for the backing on this quilt.



I am also working on finishing up all the tops and kits that were sent to me in 2023.  This kit was sent in by Pamela. I really love how this quilt turned out.



She also sent in this lovely leaf print for the back and a prepared green grunge binding.  Then Terry quilted this one up on her new longarm.  She did such a great job on it!

This quilt is a nice big size - about 60" x 72".



We are still working through all the Veteran quilts we made from the March/May block drive.  I need one more for the January shipment so Charlene made this quilt top from some RWB fat quarters that Karen sent me.  

Terry also quilted up this one too.  She used a great stars and stripes quilting pattern.  This lovely quilt measures 54" x 63".



Karen also sent in this red starred fabric earlier in the year.  I was so happy I was finally able to find it a good home.  Over the next couple of months, there will be a few more Veteran Quilts completed.  We will be making more Veteran Blocks in March/May so the timing for that drive will be perfect.

I had a tan and blue striped binding that has been kicking around my sewing room for years.  I was worried it might be a bit dark but I love how it looks on this quilt.


It takes so many hands working together to get all these quilts across the finish line and into the arms of someone needing a quilty hug.  I appreciate each and every one of you!

If you haven't heard about my Compassion Quilt project, you can read more about it here.



If you have time to make a few blocks, we are currently making these offset log cabin blocks.  You can read how to make them here.


MORE Happy Quilts to share on Friday.  I am currently trying to put together all remaining blocks into possible quilt stacks so I can get a tally on the approximate number of quilts made by this drive.  There is no way I will be completing all of them any time soon. I will be putting these together for months into the future!

Hope you are all having a great week and aren't getting too stressed over the upcoming holidays.
I still have some small gifts I need to sew up - I am sure I will wait until the last minute!



5 comments:

TerryKnott.blogspot.com said...

That green quilt is so interesting to my eye! What a cool kit! Again great finishes. The quilting community is so generous and you achieve the most amazing results with the treasures they have passed to you!

Kate said...

Very fun quilts. Looks like a good start on your 2024 donations.

sue s said...

Bless you for doing all of this! The quilts are wonderful. I really like the green one.

Yvonne from Quilting Jetgirl said...

I'm so glad you are finding lots of additional willing heart and hands to help get these quilts finished. Merry Christmas!!

Vicki W said...

I really love that green quilt. I'm going to have to work up that one for our veterans quilt projects.

01 09 10