Friday, December 29, 2023

A Whole Lot of Happy

 I knew I received a HUGE number of Happy Blocks but I was shocked when I added them up today.

I will still write up a round-up post but there were over 3K blocks donated!  No wonder there are still so many stacks of blocks on every surface in my house.




Happy Quilt #48 is filled with all sorts of fruits and veggie blocks.



Any gardener will love this quilt.  Look at the backing with all those lovely garden beds.  I have been hoarding these prints for at least a decade and decided it was finally time they go!

This quilt measures 48" x 56".




This next little quilt started with a cute flannel turtle backing.



I had enough turtle blocks that I was able to pick through and pull just green, blue and yellow blocks.  I love how this little quilt turned out.

Quilt #49 measures only 32 x 40". 




I received a bunch of blocks that I guess are best described as kitschy.  
I put them all together in Happy Quilt #50. 



I received this soft blue flannel backing from Kat (I think). I was able to set the blocks so that I used almost the whole piece I had.

This quilt measures 48 x 64".



And finally, Happy Quilt #51 is another ocean themed quilt. I think this might be the third or fourth one I have made so far.  I love how colorful all these fish blocks are.



Karen sent in this turquoise flannel fabric I used on the back. I decided to use a red binding on this quilt because it has such strong colors.

This quilt is also 48 x 64".

Hard to believe that there are already 51 quilts completed from this block drive.  I hope you aren't bored of seeing them because I still have many more to share.

Hope you all have a wonderful weekend!


12 comments:

TerryKnott.blogspot.com said...

Unbelievable . . .3K happy blocks. . .WOW!! How generous quilters are! Your finishes are amazing. I bought some of that vegetable print to back a tableware project. I haven't made it; but, still love that print! The Happy blocks sure made happy quilts. . .each and every one!!!

Kate said...

Such Fun combinations of blocks in each quilt. Wow! You did get a lot of blocks for that drive. Hopefully you have some helpers that can help get some of those blocks assembled into quilt tops.

Cindy said...

I cannot believe you received so many blocks!!!!! You will be busy for a long time!!!! It's so exciting to find the blocks I made in these quilts!!! 💗

Holly traveling to Fl said...

Not bored, excited. Back then, I predicted 50 quilts for the finale. This will surpass even my lofty prediction. I am rving and working on the log cabin blocks. If people are as slow as I am with them,you won’t get near 3k. They are fun though. Thanks.

Elle said...

3000 ???????????? I'd have cried. That is a LOT of unfinished projects.

Yea you for relishing the opportunity to use them all and thank goodness quilters are all different.

Blessed 2023 AND 2024 :-)

thatfabricfeeling.wordpress.com said...

That's a lot of blocks!! I don't even think I mailed you any this round. I love these bright and happy quilts. They are a bunch of joyful gifts that are certain to bring smiles!!

Yvonne from Quilting Jetgirl said...

Oh my goodness, over 3k blocks sent in?!?!? That's amazing and overwhelming at the same time. I think you have done a marvelous job to already have 51 finished quilts from them!

Anonymous said...

Not bored at all! Enjoying every one of them, and drawing inspiration from them. I’m glad you have wonderful friend/helpers behind the scenes, helping with quilting…. And all the people participating all along the supply/construction line.
Laura H.

The Joyful Quilter said...

OMG!! You received more than 3000 Happy blocks?!?! That is SEW awesome, Cynthia! I can't imagine how long it would take me to work through that many blocks. You are doing a great job of transforming all of those blocks into quilts!

Auntie Em said...

That's a whole lotta blocks! And a whole lotta quilts! So many will get to enjoy them.

Nancy @ Grace and Peace Quilting said...

We will never tire from seeing all these fun, happy quilts!!! I love how you've carefully arranged each one, Cynthia, along with a back and binding.

Nann said...

Holy buckets -- 3000 blocks??? Kudos to you for making them into quilts!!

01 09 10