Tuesday, December 26, 2023

Scrappy String Finishes

 I haven't been that busy with client quilts lately, so I have been working really hard quilting up the tops that were previously sent in by some generous followers.



Check out this lovely string quilt top Pamela sent in.  I love string quilts and this one does not disappoint.  This quilt measures 60 x 72".

String quilts can get really heavy so I used some of the lighter weight batting that was donated by the hospital.



Pamela not only sent in the quilt top, but she included this lovely red backing and the blue prepared binding.

A scrappy string quilt with a red backing - does it get any better?!



It gets better if there are TWO string quilts!

Pamela sent this one in too.  I love quilting these scrappy quilts because you get to explore each and every print.



Another fun red backing and blue binding were included in the kit.

This quilt also measures 60 x 72".



Log cabin blocks for the next Compassion Quilt block drive are slowly starting to arrive.  It may be a while before I have enough blocks to start making some quilt tops.  Until then, I will continue to put together Happy Quilts and quilt up other quilt tops in the queue.

If you are interested in making some blocks, you can read about the current block drive here.


I hope all of you are enjoying the holiday season!




6 comments:

TerryKnott.blogspot.com said...

Those are two beautiful string quilts! Way to go Pamela and way to go Cynthia! I too love string quilts. . .there is so much for the eye to explore!

Kate said...

Very fun string quilts. Those backs are pretty cool too. Happy stitching and quilting this week. It always seems we get a lull between Christmas and New Year, that works for me.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Those are so pretty! I've never made multi-colored string blocks, but now I think I have to. :) Great finishes, Cyndy!

Auntie Em said...

String quilts are such good stashbusters. The two you have quilted are so bright and cheerful.

Vicki W said...

String quilts are the best and they are timeless!

Kristie said...

You can't go wrong with a string quilt! I love them!
Kristie
The Quilted Mule

01 09 10