Sunday, December 31, 2023

Oh Scrap! : More Two Bit Blocks

 Most of this week was spent quilting and sewing the bindings on Compassion Quilts.



But I did get out my purple scrap bin and make four more Two Bit blocks.  I think I just need nine more blocks to have enough for the quilt size I want.

I was hoping to have all the blocks completed by the end of the year but I am still happy to have made as many as I have.  I HAVE been a bit busy lately...

As I was pulling scraps out of my purple bin, I also pulled appropriate scraps to start making another block that I hope to start making in January.  Hopefully by next Sunday I will have some to share.

Wishing all of you a Happy New Year!
  I hope 2024 brings all of you much happiness.



*********************************************

It is now your turn to share what you are making with scraps.  Here are the details for linking up: 

  • This linky party is for any scrappy project - It can be in-process or a finished piece.
  • You can link up your blog post (not your homepage please) or Instagram photo from the past week that features your use of scraps.
  • If you are linking to a blog post, I ask that you link back to my blog somewhere in your post. So if you are writing about scraps, just get into the habit of including a link as there will be a linky party available every week!
  • If you are using Instagram, please use the hashtag #ohscrap.
  • This is a party so remember to socialize and comment on the posts of others.
  • Following my blog is not necessary but it sure would be great if you do! 

Quilting is more fun than Housework


You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter


                                  Follow Me on Bloglovin'                 Follow Me on Feedly

8 comments:

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

The amount of Compassion Quilts you've been finishing is amazing! I think that should count as scrappy sewing. Have a great Sunday and Happy New Year! (I'll link up when it opens - it's showing that the link opens in 6 hours.:)

Kate said...

Very pretty purples in your 2 bit blocks! Happy 2024!

TerryKnott.blogspot.com said...

This Two Bit block is a favorite of mine. I simply MUST make some of these!!!!!

Mystic Quilter said...

Gorgeous purples!!! I always look forward to seeing your Two Bit Blocks. Happy 2024 with lots of quilting.

Joni said...

Happy, Happy New Year to you and Arthur!

The Joyful Quilter said...

I'm surprised that you found any time to sew for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge, Cynthia!! Lookin forward to seeing what you have in mind for 2024.

Nann said...

Thanks for sharing your quilt stories with us, Cynthia -- here's to a new year of patchwork goodness (and to finishes as well as starts)!

JOY @ http://joysjotsshots.blogspot.com/ said...

Your quilts are beautiful. Thanks for sharing and hosting. Enjoying seeing all the ideas shared here.

01 09 10