Friday, January 5, 2024

Friday Finishes

 No quilt holder today - So I had to quickly snap these photos on the lawn because it was raining.



This quilt is all about cats. I not only received lots of cat blocks but I was also sent a bunch of cat yardage.  There are many more cat quilts to come!

I decided to use some of the cat yardage I received from Lynnette for some vertical sashing on this quilt.  I used the same fabric for the binding.




I received this cat backing fabric from Dorothy.  It was the perfect size for this quilt.

Happy Quilt #53 measures 54 x 64".



Happy Quilt #54 was designed around this cute panel Elizabeth with her blocks.



Elizabeth sent in 26 blocks - which all looked amazing together - and sent in all her leftover fabric for me to play with.

I decided to add the panel horizontally across the quilt and use almost all of her blocks.



She sent in enough yardage for me to also make a backing and pink binding.  
I really love how this quilt turned out!

This quilt measures about 40 x 50".



And finally, I made another small quilt using Wendy's flannel squares.



Wendy also sent in this blue star backing fabric - which I was also able to create a binding from.
I love the monkey faces on this quilt.


I have a HUGE stack of big quilts waiting for binding right now.  I am trying to work my way through them.  One of the people that help me with them has been on vacation.  Hopefully by next week I will have many more quilts to share.

Soon I will have enough blocks to make the first quilt from the current block drive.  They have been a bit slow to come in but I am hoping there will be more now that the holidays are over.

Hope all of you have a wonderful weekend!


8 comments:

Kate said...

Such bright and fun quilts!

TerryKnott.blogspot.com said...

I love the panel quilt finish. . .what a= ingenious way to use it!

Holly in Indiana said...

The current block drive to me is like popcorn, I cannot stop going in a counter clockwise motion sewing strips together. When my bins in my motor home are empty from what I brought I will send them in. Thanks for letting me help. I don’t have the room, I don’t think, to assemble any tops this time but one never knows.

Vicki W said...

Both of those Happy Quilt layouts are so creative!

The Joyful Quilter said...

More cute quilts! Is there no end to the number of ways to set these blocks? Kudos to you, Cynthia.

Linda in UK said...

What lovely quilts you have made from your donations! All so different and eye catching.

Jan said...

oh I love the cat quilt!

Yvonne from Quilting Jetgirl said...

That bright and colorful cat print is super fun! I hope you can get those big quilts bound and that more blocks for the next drive start to come in. I keep looking at what I have going on and trying to work out if I can fit making a few in. Fingers crossed!

01 09 10