Wednesday, January 3, 2024

Miscellaneous Finishes

Today, I have a few more Compassion Quilt finishes to share with you.

I am still working on getting all the flannel and fleece quilts completed so they can get delivered.  Winter will be over soon.


 

My friend Janet held up quilts again for me.  She is now obsessed with coming up with fun footwear for the photos.  

This little quilt was made from more of the pre-cut flannel squares sent in by Wendy. It is going to take me a long time to work through all of these.

 

I only make a top if I have a flannel backing and binding that I can make work.  And then, the size of the backing dictates the size of the quilt.


This quilt is only 36" square.



Here is another fun top made with those flannel squares.



This dotted flannel backing was donated by one of my longarm clients.  She purged her stash of a bunch of fabric she no longer wanted.

This quilt measures about 40" x 52".



I did finish Happy Quilt #52. I think this is a new block layout design. I had a small piece of some multi-colored paw prints so I decided to frame those center blocks and use the same fabric on the binding.  This quilt is all about dogs! 



And on the back is Dalmatians and Fire Hydrants!  So very cute.

I made the first delivery of 2024 to the hospital today.  They were so pleased to receive the quilts.  Over the holidays they gave out quite a few quilts and were just about out of them.  I was happy that we were able to build back up their stock!

Thanks so much to all of you that continue to help make this all happen!



We have stated a new block drive.  Now that the holidays are over, grab your scraps and feel free to make a few blocks.  You can find all the information on the block drive here.





4 comments:

Holly the Snowbird said...

Love the shoe model, love the quilts and I love what you do. Ms Cynthia

TerryKnott.blogspot.com said...

The happy block quilt all about dogs is super cute! Those flannel squares sure stitched up beautifully!

Kate said...

Love the colors in flannel quilt #2, those yellows are just so happy!

Yvonne from Quilting Jetgirl said...

That's awesome that you were able to replenish their stock before they ran out. :)

01 09 10