Sunday, February 4, 2024

Oh Scrap! : A Few Pinks

 Happy Sunday Everyone!

This was a crazy week for me.  I received two very large fabric donations, so my house was complete chaos for quite a few days as I sorted, folded and organized a lot of material.

I also received a few quilt tops and a whole bunch more orphan blocks.



Even with all that going on, I did sew a bit with some pink scraps.

I made ten more strip blocks.  They measure 4.5" x 8.5".



This is the prettiest scrappy thing I touched this week.  One of my clients brought me a Geese Migration top for me to quilt.  I love it when I see my patterns come to life!

What have you been working on?


*********************************************

It is now your turn to share what you are making with scraps.  Here are the details for linking up: 

  • This linky party is for any scrappy project - It can be in-process or a finished piece.
  • You can link up your blog post (not your homepage please) or Instagram photo from the past week that features your use of scraps.
  • If you are linking to a blog post, I ask that you link back to my blog somewhere in your post. So if you are writing about scraps, just get into the habit of including a link as there will be a linky party available every week!
  • If you are using Instagram, please use the hashtag #ohscrap.
  • This is a party so remember to socialize and comment on the posts of others.
  • Following my blog is not necessary but it sure would be great if you do! 

Quilting is more fun than Housework


You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter


10 comments:

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Those pink strippy blocks are sweet! Looks like the Geese Migration quilt has some pretty color in it, too. Have fun with those new scraps, Cyndy!

Kate said...

Pink is such a happy color to sew with. You've got a great start on those blocks. that Geese Migration is really pretty. That one is still on my bucket list, I'd love to make a rainbow one.

Vicki in MN said...

You are so very lucky to receive the fabric donations to keep you going:) That is a very pretty migration quilt your client put together.

Chantal said...

At least you got a chance to play with scraps a little bit. Enjoy! ;^)

TerryKnott.blogspot.com said...

Those pink blocks are light and bright at the same time. I can't imagine how you manage donations, quilting for others and your block project quilts all at the same time. I hope Arthur gets you outside to enjoy the day. We've had a few sunny days which I hope you enjoyed!

The Joyful Quilter said...

Wow! SEW glad that you were able to process those donations fairly quickly, Cynthia Lovely client quilt, too!

Linda Swanekamp said...

Fabric donations are fun- just they sort of take over when sorting and trying to make decisions. I have always wanted to make geese migrations.

Astrid said...

Cute pink scraps coming to life. Geese Migration is so pretty. That sounds like a great fabric donations, lucky you! :)

Yvonne from Quilting Jetgirl said...

Wow, it sounds like you had quite a big week of organization, but I hope it sets you up for even more long term fun and success!

dq said...

Cute little pink blocks. I love the beautiful things that come from scraps, time, creativity, and talent!

01 09 10