Sunday, February 11, 2024

Oh Scrap! : String Blocks

I am out of Veteran Quilt inventory so until we do a Veteran Block Drive again, I need to make about 3 RWB quilts every six weeks to meet the current demand.



 I decided to use some of the RWB scraps and make some string blocks.  I still have about 10 string blocks left over from last year so I will only need to make about 20 blocks.  I quickly whipped out the six blocks above.

I also dug through some leftover churn dash blocks from last year and made another top which I will get quilted up soon and share.  One of my friends stepped up to make the third quilt I need.  It will feel good to have these completed so I can go back and focus on other adult quilts.

I had forgotten how much I love to make string blocks. Hopefully I will have the rest of the blocks completed by next Sunday!


*********************************************

It is now your turn to share what you are making with scraps.  Here are the details for linking up: 

  • This linky party is for any scrappy project - It can be in-process or a finished piece.
  • You can link up your blog post (not your homepage please) or Instagram photo from the past week that features your use of scraps.
  • If you are linking to a blog post, I ask that you link back to my blog somewhere in your post. So if you are writing about scraps, just get into the habit of including a link as there will be a linky party available every week!
  • If you are using Instagram, please use the hashtag #ohscrap.
  • This is a party so remember to socialize and comment on the posts of others.
  • Following my blog is not necessary but it sure would be great if you do! 

Quilting is more fun than Housework


You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

13 comments:

Sylvia@Treadlestitches said...

Great string blocks! I'm making some again and loving it. My favorite part is squaring them up when they're done.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

You've got some beautiful star prints in your string bin! They're going to make a great quilt for a veteran. I don't know whether to be happy or sad that the need for compassion quilts is so high. You've certainly made and given away a lot since you started this charity. I'm sending you one in the mail this week - will take it to the post office tomorrow. Have a great Sunday, Cyndy!

Holly snowbird said...

Do you need a red white blue top or two?

Kate said...

You've got some fun scarps in those blocks. Happy scrappy stitching today.

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

Just love string blocks and yours are so pretty, Cynthia!

Chantal said...

I'm happy to hear that you had time to do some fun sewing. String stitching is always so relaxing; no seams to worry about. Enjoy! ;^)

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Love those blocks!! I love string ones anyways and they are so cool in Patriotics!!

Mystic Quilter said...

Can't beat strings or strip blocks!

Astrid said...

Your string blocks are so pretty in RWB!

TerryKnott.blogspot.com said...

Those patriotic strings are so eye catching! What a great top these will make!

Carol Andrews said...

Cynthia your string blocks are lovely. Thank you for hosting the linky party

dq said...

Wow, that is a high demand for RWB quilts. Love the veteran string blocks!

Bonnie said...

I really like your string blocks. It reminds me I should be making more string blocks... I have a huge bag of stings waiting for me to use some of them, any of them!

01 09 10