Friday, February 9, 2024

Log Cabin Finishes # 6 & 7

Time to share a few more Log Cabin quilts made from the current block drive.



Holly not only made these blocks but she sewed them all together to make this lovely quilt top.  I really love this circle design.



Holly also sent in the top blue portion of the backing.  All I had to do with add the bottom piece which has been languishing in the stash.  I am very happy it found a good home.

This lovely quilt measures 66" square and is quilt #6.



The top for quilt #7 was sewn together by Liz.  It is purple so you know I love it!



I had a lovely blue and purple geometric piece for the back.  It wasn't quite big enough I added on some purple.  I used the same purple for the binding.

Quilt #7 measures 55 x 66".

There is still a bit more time to make some blocks if you want to.  You can find all the information about making the blocks in this post.  

The next block drive will be announced the last few days of February.  We will be using red, white and blue fabric!


5 comments:

Kate said...

Log cabin is such a versatile block. Both quilts are fun, but that purple one is my favorite.

thatfabricfeeling.wordpress.com said...

It's just wonderful all the variety you can get from these blocks. I love that purple finish! I'm off to do some more sewing today and will hopefully send you more blocks soon. (-:

Yvonne from Quilting Jetgirl said...

Oh, how fantastic for Holly to send in a pieced quilt top and a large enough piece of fabric it worked for most of the backing. And the purple quilt pieced by Liz looks fantastic!

TerryKnott.blogspot.com said...

What fun finishes! That was terrific of Holly to send a finished top! Love the circles and of course, if it can't be red. . .then purple makes my heart sing too!

dq said...

Very nice log cabin quilts!

01 09 10