Friday, April 12, 2024

Churn Dash 2024 Quilt #1

It is finally time to reveal the first Churn Dash quilt from this year’s block drive.
 


I received a big stack of the blue and white star squares.  They were 9.5".  I didn't want to cut them down, so I grabbed some of the 6" churn dash blocks and framed them in some red fabrics.  I was able to use some red scraps I had from some of last years' quilts.

I really like how this quilt turned out.


I continued the star theme right onto the back.  
Even the striped binding has some little blue stars on it.

This quilt measures 54 x 63".



I still have some of those blue starred squares left so I might have to make another quilt similar to this one.  I love that I receive inspiring bits that are already cut.

More of these churn dash finishes should be coming quicker in the future now that the pipeline is moving.  Hopefully I will have more to share next week!


There is still lots of time to make some blocks for this current block drive.  



 

3 comments:

Yvonne from Quilting Jetgirl said...

I love that you were able to use those 9.5" square star blocks without cutting them down. Fun red and white stripe binding, too!

TerryKnott.blogspot.com said...

What a great finish! I love you sized up your churn dash blocks instead sizing down the star squares. The binding is perfect!!!!

thatfabricfeeling.wordpress.com said...

I love the layout. It's so sweet with the tiny blocks. Well done and I can't wait to see all the rest of your creations!

01 09 10