Tuesday, April 9, 2024

Sneaking in some Finishes

Before I dive into the current block drive for Many Hands and Many Hearts, I thought I would sneak in a few quilt tops made by others and then quilted by me.



This adorable monkey quilt has been hanging around for quite some time.  It was sent in by Josie and I just needed to find a backing for it.  I would think I found something to realize the piece was far too small.  Then it would get lost in the shuffle for a bit.



Then, just a week ago I came across this fabulous striped fabric that Nann sent me months and months ago.  It fit the bill perfectly!  I also had a lime green binding already prepared and ready to go.

This quilt measures about 50 x 60".



I was recently sent this wonderful RWB veteran quilt top made from some orphan blocks.  I love seeing these otherwise unusable blocks find a home in such a pretty quilt.



This backing was sent to me already pieced.  I admit, when I quilt these donation quilts, I sometimes cut corners to get it quilted quickly.  This can get me into trouble sometimes. I meant to get the eagles centered in the center of the back but the quilt math I did quickly in my head was obviously off.  
Oh well, the quilt still looks nice.

 This quilt measures about 60 x 72".


I am now working on getting all the churn dash blocks into quilt tops.




There is still plenty of time to make blocks if you want to help out.  You can read more about the block drive in this post.  This drive won't end until the end of May.  Last year we ended up with 26 quilts.  We hope to make more this year!


I really do appreciate all the support!




6 comments:

karenbbsnow said...

Love, love, LOVE the striped backing...perfect and fun! Both quilts are awesome.

Kate said...

That Monkey quilt is so bright and fun. Looks like you are continuing to move those donated items into finished quilts.

Yvonne from Quilting Jetgirl said...

The wait to find a backing for the monkey quilt was worth it; what you found matches perfectly! And great timing for the RWB orphan block quilt finish. Both are really great sizes, too.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Lovely quilts!! I really like that backing that Nann sent you - it goes PERFECTLY with Josies quilt top - LOVE how that happens!!!

Holly in Indiana said...

I always doubt my work from the early days when a lot of NIBBY older quilters were very critical and it was in a guild. However, one of those ladies was the first to teach and the first to remind about the non existent quilt police. This patriotic top was a combined effort of older blocks and the new 4 patch blocks on the current drive and the tight space of a motor home, 3 dogs and a husband crimping my space. But as my retired USA husband always says about my QOV and other patriotic endeavors “a veteran will always appreciate the care and effort and never look for fault”. So people keep creating and keep patting yourselves on the back, you do good!!!

thatfabricfeeling.wordpress.com said...

These are wonderful finishes. I look forward to always seeing your posts. Thanks for sharing.

01 09 10