Sunday, April 14, 2024

Oh Scrap! : Next Steps

I did spend some time on Saturday trying to decide my next steps on my scrappy HST quilt.

So far, I have made only blue and red blocks.




I put them up on the design wall numerous ways, but I think this is the layout I like best.  The blocks are 6" so the quilt will end up being about 60 x 72.

Now I need to decide if I keep it just two colors or do I add a third color - maybe yellow?  I would put the third color in the center and then out in the corners.

What do you think?



I did find some big gray scraps that I could cut some big squares out of them. While I wait to decide what colors I want to go with, I think I will make the six red blocks I need to finish out that round.

Leave your thoughts in the comment section.
Thanks!

*********************************************

It is now your turn to share what you are making with scraps.  Here are the details for linking up: 

  • This linky party is for any scrappy project - It can be in-process or a finished piece.
  • You can link up your blog post (not your homepage please) or Instagram photo from the past week that features your use of scraps.
  • If you are linking to a blog post, I ask that you link back to my blog somewhere in your post. So if you are writing about scraps, just get into the habit of including a link as there will be a linky party available every week!
  • If you are using Instagram, please use the hashtag #ohscrap.
  • This is a party so remember to socialize and comment on the posts of others.
  • Following my blog is not necessary but it sure would be great if you do! 

Quilting is more fun than Housework


You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter


                        Follow Me on Bloglovin'                 Follow Me on Feedly

 

10 comments:

Sylvia@Treadlestitches said...

Cool new project! I love the red white and blue with the gray, it looks so sharp! You could add two or three (or more!) colors, or just stick with the RWB. Any way you do it will be awesome. Good luck!

Nancy in Indiana said...

I like just the blue and red. That would make a great quilt for a veteran.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I really like that layout! Yellow would be a great second color to add to the mix. Have fun making more blocks!

Chantal said...

I like what you are doing. Yellow is the third primary colour. It might attract attention more than you want though. I would try purple but that's just MHO. Whatever you decide I know it will look great. Enjoy! ;^)

Nann said...

It looks striking as a red/white/blue design, but "rainbowing it up" with orange, purple, bright green turquoise would be great. That may be a lot more work than you want to put into it, though.

Jo Kitchen said...

I would think that gold in the middle and corners would be a nice idea, or even a silver. It would be very patriotic and could be used as a QOV.

TerryKnott.blogspot.com said...

I like it without the third color. . .although after you add it, I'll think it was the perfect choice all along so I am no help at all in your information search!

Bonnie said...

That's a nice size block... not too small but. I'm assuming you'll make another partial square that will give you the extra length? I'm looking forward to see what you do.

Holly in Arkansas said...

This would be a nice patriotic quilt. If adding anything it should be old gold, but just as it is is cool.

Kate said...

You've got a nice start on that layout.

01 09 10